Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2016, 05:28 PM

Default Some UAD plugs "failed to load...not valid 64 bit AAX..."

Greetings, I'm using a fresh install of Pro Tools 12 on a new Windows 10 box witha RME Fireface UC soundcard. I just uninstalled/reinstalled UAD software because I noticed some of my older UAD plugs were missing (UAD Teletronix LA-2a Legacy, UAD UA 1176LN Legacy...) and on application start am getting error "The following plug-ins failed to load because they are not valid 64 bit AAX plug-ins". From everything I read in various newsgroups and vendor sites, these should be OK.

Can you advise how I can get around this error and have PT recognize these plugs?

Noting when I initially installed a couple weeks ago, I don't recall if at the time I agreed to "Move to Plug-ins (Unused) folder" or not. I'm at that screen again, and hopeful for a reply here before I respond either way.

Big thanks in advance for your help!!

Steve E
Old 02-04-2016, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Some UAD plugs "failed to load...not valid 64 bit AAX..."

That happened to me upon upgrading to 8.5. I reauthorized the plugins and they worked properly right after.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:52 PM

First make sure you have the latest UA installer...then just run the installer again. Mine did exactly the same thing, works fine now.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:55 PM

Awesome, that did the trick (I had thought to re-install UADs, but not to just reauthorize). Huge thanks Shatzer for the quick and excellent reply!!