Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 08-27-2009, 06:48 AM

Question DINR Where are you?

My just purchased DINR plugin appears in the Audiosuite drop-down window
and can be run on any track selected in the session wh full affect but without the ability to actually process the track. Seems to be working fine.

However, when trying to place the plugin as an insert on a track it does not appear in the insert plugin drop-down menu. No BNR, no Broadband XXX, nothing. It's not there.

Anyone know how to address this issue. Many thanks.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:53 AM

Default Re: DINR Where are you?

Ughhh, that may just be because it's an Audiosuite plug only

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 08-27-2009, 07:32 AM

it's Audiosuite only
Old 08-27-2009, 08:17 AM

IMHO there are many other NR plugins that are much better and far easier to use than DINR. Did you receive it as part of a bundle?
Old 08-27-2009, 08:22 AM

Maybe he's used an HD system and saw it inserted on the track as TDM, now expecting it in LE.

Otherwise you can't insert DINR (BNR) on any track as RTAS.

Agree w/the above, If you're doing noise reduction a lot, I'd look something else, maybe like iZotope RX noise reduction, as it's very pro, without the pay for pro price.

...have patience, keep trying, follow the guide and don't expect miracles with DINR.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:35 AM

Brad thanks for your reply. I bought it individually but got a very good deal with the iLoc lic. transfer. Aside of the other posters comments, the Digidesign user information on this plugin specifically states "assign the plugin to an insert track" as part of the instructions in the use material.

Using it from its Audiosuite position allows you to hear and adjust the affect but it will, of course, not process the track.

Brad, I wanted to use this plugin to remove a bit of room ambience in Voice-over work. In this appluication it does about a 50% job for that purpose. But then, again, I can not process the recorded track.

Any thoughts appreciated ... Tom Parker
Old 08-27-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premo View Post
Maybe he's used an HD system and saw it inserted on the track as TDM, now expecting it in LE.

Otherwise you can't insert DINR (BNR) on any track as RTAS.

Agree w/the above, If you're doing noise reduction a lot, I'd look something else, maybe like iZotope RX noise reduction, as it's very pro, without the pay for pro price.

...have patience, keep trying, follow the guide and don't expect miracles with DINR.
Primo ... Yes, saw it on and HD. So, no-go on LE. Thanks. Good thing I only paid $18 for it. Bad thing, I paid $18 for it.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:44 AM

Understand with DINR, it's an old plugin using old-school thoughts so to speak. With plugins such as the RX mentioned above, Waves Z-Noise, Bias Sound Soap Pro, and many others it will literally take you 10-seconds to do, if that. Also I do want to point out a tip about NR software..... DON'T TRY TO BUILD ROME IN A DAY. What I mean is, you'll obtain better results of chipping a way a little at a time----some here, do another pass of some there, etc. instead of trying to do it all in one swoop. I worked on a project that was an ooooooold dictograph recording of Louis Armstrong. There was more noise than there was audio---it took several passes to bring the audio out over top. Now, I didn't eliminate it---couldn't because it was so awful however I made it audible enough to actually hear everything clearly.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradLyons View Post
Understand with DINR, it's an old plugin using old-school thoughts so to speak. With plugins such as the RX mentioned above, Waves Z-Noise, Bias Sound Soap Pro, and many others it will literally take you 10-seconds to do, if that. Also I do want to point out a tip about NR software..... DON'T TRY TO BUILD ROME IN A DAY. What I mean is, you'll obtain better results of chipping a way a little at a time----some here, do another pass of some there, etc. instead of trying to do it all in one swoop. I worked on a project that was an ooooooold dictograph recording of Louis Armstrong. There was more noise than there was audio---it took several passes to bring the audio out over top. Now, I didn't eliminate it---couldn't because it was so awful however I made it audible enough to actually hear everything clearly.
Thanks Brad, I appreciate your thoughtful information. I'm going to download the RX demo and give that one a try.. Regards, Tom Parker