Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2010, 07:23 PM

Default Pro Tools 8 Plug-in/Upgrade Problems

So the installation of Pro Tools 8 went pretty smooth, but when I started the program it's requiring me to authorize all of the standard plug ins.

The message is "This version of Digi Translator requires authorization to run, but the authorization cannot be found in the installed iLok...

If you have a license card for this product and wish to use it to authorize this iLok, check the "use license card"

I am at a complete loss as to what I am supposed to do. I purchased the upgrade and it only came with an activation card for the software. Am I missing something or did I screw something up?

There's also a way I can authorize via challenge and response, but I found no way to generate a response for the challenge.

Also, as a side point, when I put the Audio Loops and Sounds DVD in my iMac my computer just spun the DVD and ejected it after a few minutes, anyone else have this problem and then a solution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Brian
Old 08-26-2010, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8 Plug-in/Upgrade Problems

Digi Translator is NOT a standard plugin but is an optional one on the PT 8 Installation DVD.
Same thing for the others giving you problems.

From the sound of things you don't seem to be on PT Essential either.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8 Plug-in/Upgrade Problems

Whoops sorry about that, didn't mean to be an ignorant poster. I will head over to the right section.

Thanks,

Brian