Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2016, 08:52 PM

Default Please Help! Ilok Acct Requires Me to "Surrender" a License?!

Please help.

I am a fully registered PT 10 user with an Ilok 2 and account.
I have also just bought and downloaded PT 12.6 using my activation code.

I am running PT 10 on my 2011 imac.
I am in the process of setting up my new 2014 imac with PT 12.6, which I have just installed.

Because I am about to start running PT 12 under a new OS on a new machine, I am not sure how much of a mess my PT sessions will be in, given I will be starting all over again with many plugins etc which won't be working any more. Therefore I am holding on to my old imac and will keep running my PT 10 sessions for a while until I am sure I have bounced / exported all tracks / session relying on certain plugins etc.

I just went to start up PT 12.6 for the first time on the new machine, with my ilok 2 plugged in, only to be faced with this window:

"Select Licenses to Activate"

See attached image which shows what I was told.

I have also shown what is in my ilok account.

I have no idea what to do. I don't like this word "SURRENDER".

*I need to be able to keep using PT 10 on my old imac* whilst I get to know the ropes and what the issues with my old sessions are in PT 12.6 on the new imac.

I do NOT want to mess up and accidentally surrender something that will leave me unable to do this. Repeat, I need to be able to use my ilok 2 on my old imac for a while longer to be able to run PT 10 to resolve issues that come up as I get used to how my sessions are running in PT 12 on the new machine. Yes I understand I can only do one at a time and not run both literally simultaneously, but I need to be able to at least run one, close down and plug the ilok into the other machine and run etc.

Please can someone clarify exactly what I need to activate / surrender?
If I activate my PT "subscription" does this solve the problem? I thought that was a separate subscription for product suppt / updates and as such was delaying activation for as long as possible, but I am probably mistaken....

There is no customer service phone number that I can find for Avid!

I had to use a 3rd party image hosting service as DUC only allows 97kb size images, and this needed to be clear enough to read the fine print:

http://oi68.tinypic.com/6iw67a.jpg

Old 10-02-2016, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Please Help! Ilok Acct Requires Me to "Surrender" a License?!

The Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) in your account is your new license bundle for Pro Tools, and in addition to authorizing 12.6 includes licenses for 10/11/12. You just need to activate that to your iLok2 (drag it to your iLok2 or right+click > Activate).

You are basically upgrade from (surrendering) your existing Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 (NT) license bundle.

The new bundle supports all the versions the old bundle did, so you'll still be able to run 10.x.

P.S. Your iLok account shows you've never activated your Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 (NT), so do that first then activate your Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12).
Old 10-02-2016, 09:22 PM

Wow, that was fast. Thanks, Jeffro - doing some vocals now, but will follow your directions to the letter ASAP and will advise how I go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
The Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) in your account is your new license bundle for Pro Tools, and in addition to authorizing 12.6 includes licenses for 10/11/12. You just need to activate that to your iLok2 (drag it to your iLok2 or right+click > Activate).

You are basically upgrade from (surrendering) your existing Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 (NT) license bundle.

The new bundle supports all the versions the old bundle did, so you'll still be able to run 10.x.

P.S. Your iLok account shows you've never activated your Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 (NT), so do that first then activate your Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12).
Old 10-03-2016, 12:21 AM

Ok, that worked.
Looks like PT 10 still sort of works as well on the new machine, although I can't monitor my input anymore. Can use my old plugs, though, at least, so an almost 100% functional PT 10 as a co-install with 12.6 is a bonus.
12.6 works fine. 10 works fine on the old machine, no ilok probs.