Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 08-03-2011, 07:52 AM

Question PT9 / Buffer size won't change

I have a Lynx AE16e and a Lynx AES16 in my Win7 PC for a 32 in / 32 out configuration.

With Sonar or Reaper, I can change the buffer size on the fly, using the shortcut from the DAW showing the Lynx pannel. Both cards have the latest firmware and I'm using the 2.0 Build 19 revision of the driver.

But with PT9 or BFD2 standalone, I'm not able to change the buffer size, despite these two applications providing the same shortcut to the Lynx pannel. In PT9, it is fixed at 256, but with BFD2 standalone it is 32 (which is unusable!).

In PT9, setting another value than 256 causes the PT9 to close (it displays a message windows saying the interface has changed and PT9 must be started over to accomodate those changes) but when I open it again, the buffer size is still at 256.

When using BFD2 as a plugin in Sonar for example, it follows the buffer size of the host DAW and performs OK.

I sometimes uses another PC with PT9 with a low end M-Audio interface, and there is no problem changing the buffer size from PT9, and the applcations doesn't have to be restarted.

So it looks to me that it is not a PT9 only or Lynx only problem because when paired with another partner, they pergorm as expected. Trouble is when using both....

Any idea ? is there a way to cure this ?

Thank you for the help you can provide to a restless / stressed soul...
Old 08-04-2011, 05:36 AM

Default Re: PT9 / Buffer size won't change

May be it was the same that my problem I had? you can check it out here: http://www.lynxstudio.com/forum/foru...64-pt9-problem
You'll also find my solution there...
ASUS X99-E, Intel Core i7-6850K, Noctua NH-U9S, Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133MHz 16GB, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 PCIe SSD (System), Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5" SSD (Data), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5" SSD (Sample), WD Desktop Black 1TB 3.5" (Audio), Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060, Corsair RM750x 750W, Samsung 34" LED Curved, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Lynx AES16e, Aurora 16, Cakewalk by BandLab, Pro Tools 2021
Old 08-14-2011, 12:41 PM

i had an issue where id change the buffer setting in PT9 audio engine then i would have to open the lynx mixer and change it in there too. BTW- you have to close/re-start PT after changing buffer settings

Re-instal of OS and PT9 solved my problem-in fact it took a few installs to get things to work correctly.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:59 PM

Thanks for the answers !

I will try these for sure but for now, I had a crash with my SSD system drive and had to rebuild the drive with a complete re install of PT all plugins and virtual instrument libraries (to my very bad fortune, Acronis trashed my SSD drive AND the external HD drive when I was making a disk image, so I've got to go back to square one).