Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 04-26-2009, 08:07 PM

Default Pro tools 7 Instrument track and MIDI sound output

Hello,

I am recording 2 tracks, a guitar and a MIDI keyboard. The guitar is connected to an input on my Maudio Audiophile 192 card and keyboard is connected to a MIDI input. When I record, the sound comes in and the tracks show sound input for both instruments. However when i playback what Ive recorded, I only hear the guitar.

THe program (Protools) does not allow to select MIDI track output to regular out. Nothing is connected to my MIDI out on the card.

AM I able to playback what Ive recorded via my computer?

THank you very very much,
Aleksey.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 7 Instrument track and MIDI sound output

So, you are recording to a MIDI track right? Have you inserted a virtual instrument to play on an aux track with your MIDI track assigned to it? If not, give it a try.

Or, are you sending your MIDI information to an Instrument track? If so, are you inserting a Virtual instrument on the instrument track? If not give that a try.

If none of these apply give us a little more info. or check the PT manual for MIDI recording. Good luck

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-27-2009, 09:51 PM

Yeah Midi isn't sound but a signal only so ur not seeing sound input for the keyboard... U can actually just open an instrument track(u didn't tell us exactlywhat version u have) but once u open that just put ur VI on it & ur done since ur already seeing midi...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 05-13-2009, 10:31 PM

Thank you very much for the replies. Im sorry but im so new to this application I am confused on what to do. The midi instrument is recognized by the software and midi track is recorded with no problems. How exactly do I link the midi input to an audible virtual instrument?

Thank you very much,
Alex