Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2008, 08:04 PM

Default Translating Bias \"DECK\" session

Translating Bias "DECK" session: is this possible? To OMF, PT, an EDL, anything? Would love to keep the original source TCs avail.

Philip Perkins
Old 05-15-2008, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Translating Bias \"DECK\" session

Wow there's a blast from the past. I haven't even heard of that software in like 10 years.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Wow there's a blast from the past. I haven't even heard of that software in like 10 years.
Me too, but I have a client who wants to do a lot of music editing on a performance on his own system (Deck) and then bring it in to mix. I know that Deck did OMF etc at one time, but the current version makes no mention of it.

Philip Perkins
Old 05-16-2008, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Me too, but I have a client who wants to do a lot of music editing on a performance on his own system (Deck) and then bring it in to conform up to the multitrack and mix. I know that Deck did OMF etc at one time, but the current version makes no mention of it. An EDL would be sweet, but can't see that it does that either. It's weird, since I remember Deck as being a competitor to PT at one time, and that if had a lot fo the same features.

Philip Perkins
Old 05-16-2008, 08:11 AM

Yeah, I haven't heard of anyone using that since OS 7.5.
It was an early competitor to PT and the software side had some innovative features.
Bias is in Berkeley, Can they help?
Old 05-19-2008, 05:17 PM

BIAS is in Petaluma now.

A tiny slice of history: DECK was the first multitrack software to run on digi hardware, predating pro tools. A long but intriguing read:
http://bestof.sfweekly.com/1997-12-2...ia-phenomenon/

None of this, of course, helps answer the original question - but maybe BIAS could be of help... Though it appears Deck handles OMF as import-only, and does not export whole compositions in any format.

cheers,
jeremiah