Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-07-2014, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Artist Series Reliable Setup?

i have an artist mix and a transport on an imac with 10.8 and logic x. the system runs super-stable and i love it (with dynamic ip). the only thing that isn´t working is using an other controller via wlan. that seems to disturb eucon.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:40 PM

First big day mixing with clients in the room. Everything was fine. Static IPs, EuCon set to locked to Pro Tools 10.3.8/OS X 10.8.5.

Performance was good, moving between automation modes was consistent. Twice I muted a track and the Artist Series muted every track in my session. Big PITA, but one I was able to recover from in just a few minutes. Once in flip-fader send mode one of the faders wasn't sending data, but on the third pass, it did.

Advanced automation window is really useful. Very nice having dedicated Preview and Suspend Preview buttons.

Thanks for the input on this list!
Old 05-15-2014, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.riesel View Post
i have an artist mix and a transport on an imac with 10.8 and logic x. the system runs super-stable and i love it (with dynamic ip). the only thing that isn´t working is using an other controller via wlan. that seems to disturb eucon.
Same here. Every time I switch my wifi to an ad-hoc network for Spanner on iPad, Eucon will crash.
This happens even when the iPad hasn't even logged on to the network so not an issue of Spanner.

This happens even though my artists are on their own en port with fixed IP.

Only way around it is to delete Eucon from the autostart items so it doesn't start when the mac starts in the morning. Then create ad-hoc net first. Then manually start Eucon, then the controllers.

This started happening after updating PT to 11.1.3 from 11.1.2.

Frank.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
This started happening after updating PT to 11.1.3 from 11.1.2.

Frank.

Which version of eucon?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Which version of eucon?
most recent.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:27 PM

I have found the Eucon software to be very buggy on my machine. Even after a fresh OS/PT/Eucon install I get all kinds of errors. My CPU usage was idling at 50% and would get up to 99% when using pro tools (it is usually idling at 0% and hits around 60% with pro tools running).

I would not recommend installing if you are busy. I made that mistake and it cost me a day of work to constant crashing. So far I have not been very happy with this surface. It feels cheap and has given me nothing but problems.

I should note that I'm on a PC.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:25 PM

Default Artist Series Reliable Setup?

On the latest version latest firmware, Mac 10.8.4 and PT10.3.7

It's nice I'm. Just getting into it.

When it's locked in, its stable and awesome. I do have connection issues frequently it's recognized in eucon settings but not changing the touch screen when I move focus - idk how to remedy that but when it's working I love it

Old 05-21-2014, 10:56 PM

Man just a quick update, I had problems with the unit linking in PT - wouldn't do it today so....

I went and found the instructions for setting up the static ip, and changing my computer.....bammmmmmerramma gold Milward

Rebooted 3 time just to try it, locked every time in to PT, nice just thought I would pass it along

Old 05-22-2014, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Man just a quick update, I had problems with the unit linking in PT - wouldn't do it today so....

I went and found the instructions for setting up the static ip, and changing my computer.....bammmmmmerramma gold Milward

Rebooted 3 time just to try it, locked every time in to PT, nice just thought I would pass it along
I've found the best (actually least problematic) way of connecting these is to put them on a dedicated en port on a static IP setup with nothing else on the same network.
Eucon just can't deal with a real network situation. It wants to be on it's own with just it's own traffic to deal with.
Having said that they still crash, lockup, lose connection or do the weird things mentioned here for years but much less than with a dynamic IP setup.
Obviously this is not an option for people using laptops or mac-minis but on the mac pros it's the least unreliable setup.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:21 AM

It's always better to have static IP on all the systems (computer and controllers) using a good quality switch (Lynksys or similar) and disable the energy saver on the NICs (network cards).

Another thing, check if the Eucon is using the designated NIC if your computer has 2 NICs, like MAC Pro and Z800, this is key in shared storage environments.

I never had issues once I did this simple, but effective setup.

Hope this help.
http://felipousismix.wix.com/felipousismix

Custom Mac Pro OSX Sierra | Windows 10 Pro 64 | ProTools HD 2019 | Pyramix XI | Merging HAPI ADA8 | MBox 3 | UAD Quad PCIe | Avid Artist Mix | Kali LP-6 | Presonus Temblor 10 | Universal Audio, Slate Digital, McDSP, Fabfilter, Plugin Alliance among other plugins