Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 03-25-2010, 01:31 PM

Default Windows 7: ProTools 8.3 cant detect M-Audio Fast Track Pro

As indicated in title of this message, I get the "Can't detect M-Audio hardware" message when I try to start the program.

The Fast Track Pro is working with other programs, e.g., Samplitude 11.

I'm wondering if the problem could be in the M-Audio driver.

Before installing Pro Tools, I had installed the latest M-Audio driver for Windows 7 - version 6.0.2.5.10.0.5134 (Nov 2009).

When I look at the driver properties after the Pro Tools upgrade to 8.3, the driver version is now 5.10.0.5134 (May 2009).

Would you more knowledgable folks recommend re-installing the current Win 7 driver from M-Audio?

I realized that this configuration is still considered "beta" by Digidesign. Fine with me and I'll be happy to provide feedback here once I get the program running.

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2010, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Windows 7: ProTools 8.3 cant detect M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAldriedge View Post
As indicated in title of this message, I get the "Can't detect M-Audio hardware" message when I try to start the program.

The Fast Track Pro is working with other programs, e.g., Samplitude 11.

I'm wondering if the problem could be in the M-Audio driver.

Before installing Pro Tools, I had installed the latest M-Audio driver for Windows 7 - version 6.0.2.5.10.0.5134 (Nov 2009).

When I look at the driver properties after the Pro Tools upgrade to 8.3, the driver version is now 5.10.0.5134 (May 2009).

Would you more knowledgable folks recommend re-installing the current Win 7 driver from M-Audio?

I realized that this configuration is still considered "beta" by Digidesign. Fine with me and I'll be happy to provide feedback here once I get the program running.

Thanks!
DIGI always recommends installing the latest m-audio drivers. I would go to the m-audio site and download the latest driver for your fast track pro. here is the driver page in case you don't have the november 4th 09 version.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Windows 7: ProTools 8.3 cant detect M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Yeah, well, updating to the latest M-AUDIO driver sure didn't help.

Neither did uninstalling Internet Explorer 8.

Neither did upgrading from ProTools 8.0 to 8.03.

Some people suggest downgrading to 8.01. But there are so many conflicting opinions -- and none from Digidesign as far as I can tell -- that it's really just a mess.

I'm beginning to think the best solution is to just get away from ProTools until they actually come out with a stable version for Windows 7. Hey, I've got Live and Samplitude and they definitely work with M_AUDIO interfaces on Windows 7!