Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 06-02-2006, 06:16 PM

Default Samplecell II TDM R05 in a PPC Nubus Chassis

Hello out there. Well, I finally have taken the time to take a look at my SampleCell II cards. Looks like I found something odd once again. At first I thought I had faulty SampleCell cards, or the TDM piggybacks. Then it looked like it might be the chassis itself, and or the ECI card in my powermac.

I now have 6 SampleCell II cards. 2 with TDM piggybacks and 4 without. They are ALL R05 revision cards on the main body. If I put them in the NUBUS chassis with the Quadra level ECI card, then Digitest passes them ALL with flying colors. This is I think Digitest 2.2 if I remember right. At any cost, it passes them just fine. I have 2 other older SampleCell II cards with the R04 chip and they definitely cause issues on the PPC setup. That is confirmed.

If I move the same chassis but use my PPC ECI card in my Radius 81/110 machine, then lo and behold, now ALL the cards register as having failures talking with the NUBUS buss by the same version of Digitest. If I run Protools 4.0.1 all seems well, whether in TDM mode or not.

I was under the assumption though that R05 was all that was needed on a PPC Nubus chassis for compatibility????? Maybe there is something else there. This is the same across all 4 chassis I own, and they all work great on my 3 Quadra ECI cards tested in a Quadra 650 machine.

Anyone have any missing compatibility info I might be missing? I can ignore the failue in Digitest, but it would be nice to solve the mystery.

Thanks,

ppuskari2