Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 12:20 AM

Default PT LE = 48 voices petition

Dear Digidesign,

Please provide more voices in the Pro Tools LE 7 release. Other software/hardware at comparative (& often much cheaper) prices provide far greater than 32 voices (audio tracks).

We, as united customers do not think this is an unfair or unrealistic expectation for the next LE ver. Even if you were to offer more tracks as a bundle option etc, many would pay.

We do not think this will adversely affect PT HD sales what-so-ever & in fact will probably boost overall sales (across your products), since many customers that you are losing to Logic & Digital Performer will come back (because - you're the best).

Please hear our voice & give us more voices.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Phil Jeffers
Sound Editor & Mixer
Old 09-28-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: PT LE = 48 voices petition

Here we go again. But I would have to add 48 'voicable' tracks.

And since we are getting "Improved host processing efficiency" in PT 7, then I think we will need to put it to use.

But I'll have to warn you Phil, your gonna get a few posts from DUC members who will tell you that 48 tracks will cut into the sales of HD systems(That makes sense. So I just built an SSL/Neve based studio and I'm gonna have a 48 track 002 patched into it, with a powerharness that can go anytime after I lockout the studio for a client for $2000.00 per day. NOT.) and that PT LE stands for 'Limited Edition' and will ALWAYS be limited(So lets 'limit' it to 48 voicable tracks) and that PT LE is just a tease so that you will want to by an HD rig (which most LE owners will never own anyway) and that you need to look at the bigger picture and that you will NEVER get it and that petitions never really got us anything in the past but it doesnt hurt to ask and if they did that then it would be in competition with HD and that you should of researched PT LE before you bought it and that if you buy another app like Nuendo with a decent I/O box then it will cost slightly more than a 002 and that The Beatles got by with only 4 tracks and that you should stop your bitching and whining.

Count me in on 48 tracks.

Then all the big studios, Hollywood/Bollywood Film studios and HD owners will dump their HD rigs for PT LE and patch their $1200.00 Digi 002 into that million dollar SSL/Neve board.

And the Feature Request Form doesnt hurt now and then.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 09-28-2005, 01:20 AM

What can I say? I guess that the number of tracks they have decided v7 will have is already being fixed...or they would have to rewrite the code in these remaining 10 or so days before the release...not likely. Anyway, for the 1000th time (as I haven't had enough yet) I join right in for

48 active audio tracks at least

in this new version, or I'm not upgrading since I think the new features are worth the money (which from the sneak peak isn't).

L.G.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Here we go again. But I would have to add 48 'voicable' tracks.

And since we are getting "Improved host processing efficiency" in PT 7, then I think we will need to put it to use.

But I'll have to warn you Phil, your gonna get a few posts from members who will tell you that 48 tracks will cut into the sales of HD systems(That makes sense. So I just built an SSL/Neve based studio and I'm gonna have a 48 track 002 patched into it. NOT.) and that PT LE stands for 'Limited Edition'(So lets 'limit' it to 48 voicable tracks) and that PT LE is just a tease so that you will want to by an HD rig (which most LE owners will never own anyway) and that you need to look at the bigger picture and that you will NEVER get it and that petitions never really got us anything in the past but it doesnt hurt to ask and if they did that then it would be in competition with HD and that you should of researched PT LE before you bought it and that you should stop your bitching and whining.

Count me in on 48 tracks.

Then all the big studios, Hollywood/Bollywood Film studios and HD owners will dump their HD rigs for PT LE and patch their 002 into that million dollar SSL/Neve board.

And the Feature Request Form doesnt hurt now and then.

Shane

I seriously doubt that providing 16 more voices for PTLE ver 7 will affect HD sales. I am not bitching & whining, this is a very reasonable request (that yes, has been made many times before).
Old 09-28-2005, 01:35 AM

count me in

48 tracks at least, 64 tracks would be even better!

It should be what our PC's are capable of!

I Hope You Read This And Realise What Needs To Be Done Here Digidesign.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:40 AM

Quote:
I seriously doubt that providing 16 more voices for PTLE ver 7 will affect HD sales. I am not bitching & whining, this is a very reasonable request (that yes, has been made many times before).
Thats not a bash against you bro. It's a bash against the odd smart ***** who always gives us those same lame excuses when we ask for new features. Yet if we did have it, they would be using it.

I suggest that if they dont want or need the 48 track feature then dont even bother posting on this thread.(But of course they will)

And as you stated, it is a very reasonable request.

Count me in again.

48 tracks please.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 09-28-2005, 02:02 AM

Fair enough to Shane, bloody Ozzy.

I wouldn't mind more voices.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Fair enough to Shane, bloody Ozzy.

I wouldn't mind more voices.
An Aussie & a mac user - double whammy! No worries Shan, should of read your post more carefully. Digi please, I know there's only 10 days remaining until your unveiling of LE new features, but this is a must - we want it & need it & deserve it!
Old 09-28-2005, 02:16 AM

Mmm, 64 tracks would be lovely. (well, if you're going to ask...)

Incidentally, the official word on whether PTLE7 has greater than 32 track count is..........unconfirmed!

That's not a Yes but, more importantly, it's not a No.

You heard it here first.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:18 AM

Very good. But count me in.