Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 10:39 PM

Default RTAS to VST wrapper?

hey guys,

I know im prob posting on the wrong forum or you guys will ask why i want this, but i just wanna know is their a wrapper that converts Rtas to VST.

The reason being is that i use cubase for some band when i need a more of a track count but i want to use RTAS plugins.

*Please dont tell me that i shouldnt be using cubase and that there are easier ways to get more track counts in PT, or anything like that. Just posting to ask the question and find out, not to cause i fight between Cubase V PT.

Thanks
Old 11-01-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Re: RTAS to VST wrapper?

Sorry, after reading your post incorrectly the first time, you are after this RTAS-VST
Old 11-01-2005, 10:54 PM

I believe no.

I always assumed RTAS was only Pro Tools related and more closed to other systems. And the VST architecture is more open to other platforms. Pro Tools seems more open lately with other developers, but I dont know about the RTAS being used openly like VST or DIrectX.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:09 PM

ok thanks guys!
Old 11-01-2005, 11:17 PM

Just curious and maybe even stupid, but is there a way to import Cubase files into PT?

Old 11-01-2005, 11:43 PM

Quote:
but is there a way to import Cubase files into PT?

do u mean the cubase session which will then come up with all the layouts as it was in Cubase and fade motions and edits? - Not to my knowledge

or do u mean exporting the audio from cubase and then openning a new session in PT and import the audio tracks? - this can be done as long as the audio files all start at the same point other wise ull have to slip them into place(may take awhile and mite not b 100% accurate) also Pt is limited to 32. i like overlapping my recorded parts and sequences.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:58 PM

i assume, since oyu post in the PC forum, that you are not a mac user but just FYI, it is possible to use TDM plug-ins in Logic with Digidesign hardware so i assume you could use RTAS too. you might want to look into that possibility?

it should be possible to export the Cubase session as OMF and then open it in Protools but you need to pay money to Digide$ign for the DigiTranslator.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:01 AM

Quote:
or do u mean exporting the audio from cubase and then openning a new session in PT and import the audio tracks? - this can be done as long as the audio files all start at the same point other wise ull have to slip them into place(may take awhile and mite not b 100% accurate) also Pt is limited to 32. i like overlapping my recorded parts and sequences.
Just seeing if there was an alternative way's, so you get to use PT plug-ins.
This may sound stupid as will, but is Networking an option? If you have one that is.

Old 11-02-2005, 04:04 AM

what do u mean by networking? can u elaberate some more please?
Old 11-02-2005, 05:10 AM

The only rapper manufacturer i know of is Fxpansion and i dont see a VST to Rtas.

I must say VST are alot more available abd most manufactures make the plugs both or normaly VST.
Have you checked the box that it is not both?

If you are looking to get edits out of Cubase export OMF file then import session data into Pro Tools aslong as you have Digi translator. If Cubase can export OMF then open the session in Neundo and export from there.

P.S Use as many software sequencer apps you can, takes you one up on us P.T only guys!