How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2017, 09:26 AM

Default Transport / Control Jog Shuttle Wheel

My apologies if this seems like a repeat but I could not find an answer to what I am looking for in other posts. With the exception of my Artist Control and Transport, every other Jog/Shuttle device on the market today allows you to operate in HUI mode, which automatically locks the Jog wheel detents to the Quantize value in your DAW. So if you have your DAW set to 1/16th note resolution, then 16 clockwise clicks of the Jog wheel moves the cursor in the DAW exactly on measure forward and the cursor lands on the start of the measure from the last measure. This is a must have for using the jog wheel to edit notes and other parameters within the track editing.

I cannot believe that the Artist series jog wheels cannot do this, so I must be missing something. To not include this feature makes the unit worthless in my opinion and they are not cheap to begin with. So can anyone tell me how to program the jog wheel to do this or what settings to use. I thought I saw a post on this a while back but cannot find it.

Thanks

RJ