Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 09-18-2019, 06:47 AM

Default Re: What happened to my plugins?

Is there anywhere other than on my ilok where I might have these licenses?
Old 09-18-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Nelthorpe View Post
Is there anywhere other than on my ilok where I might have these licenses?

I will ask support as ”to me” the first picture you posted of your ilok account it looks like one or more licenses are on a cloud. I am in my car right now so my eyes can be totally wrong but IF that bundle which was a bundle with Eleven plugin With all those 15 stompboxes has ended up on the cloud it wikld explain why you cant see them ln the new computer.

Also you do have an iLok2 (grey/blue) and not the older green keyshaped ilok correct? And if you have the ilok2 are you using the same ilok key for new and new computer?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-18-2019, 12:41 PM

Must be iLok2/3 bcs he is using PT11 and later
Old 09-18-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Must be iLok2/3 bcs he is using PT11 and later
That may be true but according to the picture he posted on the first page of this thread the PT license bundle is ln the Cloud, Not the ilok so that makes me think is the issue here as it works on the laptop where he has the ilm set to use cloud and not on the new license ln the new PC.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-18-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
That may be true but according to the picture he posted on the first page of this thread the PT license bundle is ln the Cloud, Not the ilok so that makes me think is the issue here as it works on the laptop where he has the ilm set to use cloud and not on the new license ln the new PC.
Yep. Chris is right about that.

My current guess is that the install having problems has pre-cloud licensing compatible plugins. That might be fixed by installing to the latest versions of those plugins. ... but whjich cloud account are they being activated by??

But more importantly cloud licensing is not officially supported on Pro Tools 11. So Paul you have far toom amny things set up wrong here, I would move you licenses back to the physical iLok and see what happens.

See this http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oud&popup=true

You should also install (or reinstall) the latest version of the ILM from ilok.com before doing this. Do that on both computers.

That does still not explain to me where the stomp box plugin licenses are coming from. And again I wonder if there are multiple accounts possibly happening here -- Paul that can happen when folks register/set stuff up. It happens more than you might think.

---

And for the Softube Time and Tone licenses show in that same screen shot... are they all running OK on both your systems?
Old 09-18-2019, 02:19 PM

Oh and we may be getting closer...

Thank to looking at that screen shot that Chris pointed out I realized the licenses is a Pro Tools 10/11/12 bundle. I had only previously focused on Pro Tools 11 deals/bundles as a source here.

So I'm *guessing* the way the stomp-box plugins got involved here was via this Pro Tools 12 promotion:

http://www.avidblogs.com/new-plug-in...tools-hd-12-2/

I have no idea if Avid expected those to be installed on Pro Tools 11. Note the big-old comment there that the bundles works without iLok physical licensing... what they mean is per-machine licensing like Pro Tools First. Did Avid do something unusual and have that bundle activation process that drops a machine license on the disk???

I have no idea how that "Pro Tools 12 bonus bundle" was ever exactly packaged or license activated or if it should appear in my own Avid Downloads, its not in mine and I suspect I never had qualified for it anyhow.

I think I'm at the point we need to throw back to Avid support, and let them deal with if that bonus plugin download should still to be in Pauls' downloads still or not. I'll ping Jeffro to see if he can kick this to support.

Paul not saying this this is what happened, just I have more questions, and support is best able to deal with it from here.

And thanks for the detailed reply, that really helped exclude several things, and attaching the ILM screenshot again was key here.
Old 09-18-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
So I'm *guessing* the way the stomp-box plugins got involved here was via this Pro Tools 12 promotion:

http://www.avidblogs.com/new-plug-in...tools-hd-12-2/

I have no idea if Avid expected those to be installed on Pro Tools 11. Note the big-old comment there that the bundles works without iLok physical licensing... what they mean is per-machine licensing like Pro Tools First. Did Avid do something unusual and have that bundle activation process that drops a machine license on the disk???

I have no idea how that "Pro Tools 12 bonus bundle" was ever exactly packaged or license activated or if it should appear in my own Avid Downloads, its not in mine and I suspect I never had qualified for it anyhow.
The Stomp Box effects bonus bundle part (not Eleven Free) was tied to having an active plan. It shouldn't run now that his plan is expired.

Quote:
The other 16 stompbox effects are now part of the new bonus plug-in bundle for Pro Tools and Pro Tools | HD as part of the 12.2 release.
and earlier
Quote:
Which products include the new plug-in bundles?
The new bonus plug-in bundles are subscription bundles that are active during the duration of one of the following upgrade plans or subscriptions.
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3.1, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire Max11 x 2, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.6 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 09-18-2019, 03:30 PM

None of this makes total sense to me for several reasons... including how those plugins are still licensed on the other compute (maybe they actually no longer are.. Paul are you sure you can still open and run those sessions on your older computer and those plugins actually work? -- not just it does not complain, but you see/hear the plugins actually work). But this is the closest I can get to of thinking of any path that might get to this situation.

It would be good to understand what happened, but ultimately this may also not worth a lot of effort. Even if no longer available via that promotion, Paul can purchase each stomp-box plugin perpetual license for $4.99, or subscribe to the complete plugin bundle for $50/year... or get that include in the annual price if he swaps to a modern subscription license. And hopefullu all the other issues Paul has had have been resolved with other downloads being put in his Avid account.

BTW while not horrible I think those licensing statements still could have been explained better in the blog, they might still be interpreted overly favorably by some folks (if they ignore the golden rule of licensing... read everything in the vendor's favor )
Old 09-18-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
None of this makes total sense to me for several reasons... including how those plugins are still licensed on the other compute (maybe they actually no longer are.. Paul are you sure you can still open and run those sessions on your older computer and those plugins actually work? -- not just it does not complain, but you see/hear the plugins actually work). But this is the closest I can get to of thinking of any path that might get to this situation.

It would be good to understand what happened, but ultimately this may also not worth a lot of effort. Even if no longer available via that promotion, Paul can purchase each stomp-box plugin perpetual license for $4.99, or subscribe to the complete plugin bundle for $50/year... or get that include in the annual price if he swaps to a modern subscription license. And hopefullu all the other issues Paul has had have been resolved with other downloads being put in his Avid account.

BTW while not horrible I think those licensing statements still could have been explained better in the blog, they might still be interpreted overly favorably by some folks (if they ignore the golden rule of licensing... read everything in the vendor's favor )
I can definitely use these plugins on my old computer.

I am currently touching up and old session file from a band I recorded, and I am doing it on my laptop. All plugins are without a doubt working audibly and clearly.

I am once again at work, but will try and thoroughly read through all of these posts when I get home, a lot of it is going over my head currently.

I know that I can buy perpetual licenses for 5 bucks, and a yearly subscription for 50, but I'm just not that interested in these plugins. They are only marginally better or easier to use than pro tools stock plugins or free plugins that I've downloaded.
Had I known that I was using plugins that would stop being available after a certain period, I never would have used them.

Honestly, I only really want these plugins to work for about a week or two so that I can polish off the tunes for this band. After I am done with this, I think I am going to throw in the towel with pro tools and switch to Logic for my mastering and recording sessions, so a perpetual, or even yearly license is just not worth the money for me.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:30 PM

Considering the time invested by both yourself and everyone else, may I respectfully suggest just finishing the projects on your laptop or printing the files with the effects and using those stems in your new machine?

If you’re not planning on continuing with PT, there’s not much point spending all this time trying to get a bunch of plugins you don’t think sound that great working on your new ring for a weeks worth of use.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, it’s not meant to be. Just seems silly to continue down this path for no real reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk