Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2008, 01:01 PM

Default Can't get ilok to alow me to download McDSP Demo plug-ins.

I'm experienced in PT and also with using the ilok. I have multiple licences on my ilok and have never had a problem until now.

The problem I'm having is that I recently requested a few demo plug-ins from McDSP. When I go to ilok.com the plug-ins are there for download so I go to sycronize my ilok....it does its little 1 minute thing that it does and the syncronize screen shows back up and it still won't allow me to download the licenses to my ilok. It has been awhile since I've downloaded licenses to my ilok but I'm pretty sure I'm doing it write. I've went through iloks trouble shooting section and all that and I'm doing everything write....I think?

I've allready downloaded the software to my computer, I just need these dang licenses on my ilok so i can start testing!

Any help or suggestions would be a great help. The demo licenses expire in 14 days and I've been horsing around with it for the past couple days. Running out of time and I'd like to experiment with McDSP.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:22 PM

We need a lot more info to help you out here.

What operating system are you using? What version? Which SP?
What version of the iLok client software do you have installed?
What is already on your iLok? (could you post the list that is produced when you click "What's on my iLok?" link?)

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 08-13-2008, 01:35 PM

I'm using Vista Ultimate. PT 7.4 CS 3. I've downloaded the latest client software from ilok.com because the first time I tryed to sycronize my ilok it said I didn't have the latest software installed.
Not sure what you mean by "Which SP"?

Thanks for your time Spkguitar.
iLok Details

Name: iLok 1 Description: iLok Newly Registered To Aaron Serial Number: 0x0007F00A Date Registered: Last Synchronized: 02/16/2008 12:29 AM 02/26/2008 08:07 PM Zero Downtime: No Purchase coverage now Number of Licenses: 14 License Details

Product: Hybrid Company: Digidesign Advanced Instrument Research Group Type: License Expiration: Never Date downloaded: 02/16/2008 Product: SoundReplacer Company: Digidesign Type: License Expiration: Never Date downloaded: 02/16/2008 Product: Strike Company: Digidesign Advanced Instrument Research Group Type: License Expiration: Never Date downloaded: 02/16/2008 Product: Smack! LE Company: Digidesign Type: License Expiration: Never Date downloaded: 02/16/2008 Product: Eleven LE in bundle Eleven/Eleven LE Company: Digidesign Type: License Expiration: Never Date downloaded: 02/16/2008 Product: Eleven in bundle Eleven/Eleven LE Company: Digidesign Type: License Expiration: Never Date downloaded: 02/16/2008 Product: Maxim Company: Digidesign Type: License Expiration: Never Date downloaded: 02/16/2008 Product: Music Production Toolkit Company: Digidesign Type: License Expiration: Never Date downloaded: 02/16/2008 Product: Pro Tools MP3 Export Company: Digidesign Type: License Expiration: Never Date downloaded: 02/16/2008 Product: Structure Company: Digidesign Advanced Instrument Research Group Type: License Expiration: Never Date downloaded: 02/16/2008 Product: BNR LE Company: Digidesign Type: License Expiration: Never Date downloaded: 02/16/2008 Product: TL Space Native Company: Trillium Lane Labs Type: License Expiration: Never Date downloaded: 02/16/2008 Product: StructureContent Company: Digidesign Advanced Instrument Research Group Type: License Expiration: Never Date downloaded: 02/16/2008 Product: Melodyne plugin 1 Company: Celemony Software GmbH Type: License Expiration: Never Date downloaded: 02/26/2008
Old 08-13-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj A-Ron View Post
Not sure what you mean by "Which SP"?
SP = Service Pack

Both XP and Vista have SP versions, and it would be helpful to know which one you are on. There have been reports (and personal experience) with some of the SP not working with iLok.com.

The procedure (again) for downloading licenses to your ilok:
  1. insert your ilok
  2. login to your account at ilok.com
  3. synchronize your ilok
  4. click on the "Download Licenses" link on the left hand side
  5. select the license to download
  6. select the ilok to download it to (you may have to synchronize again at this point)
That's pretty much all there is to it. If you don't select the ilok, it might look like it is processing, but might never do anything (since you didn't select the ilok.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Old 08-14-2008, 06:53 AM

I'm not sure which SP I have? I'm not near my computer that I use for PT but I'll check it out later tonight.

I went through the steps that you listed multiple times. Its not letting me sellect which licenses to download. There are 4 of them in the list 1. Compressor Bank, 2. Filter Bank, 3. De555, 4. ML4000. But again, it doesn't let me choose which one's to download. There all just sitting there in a list. I've downloaded all the other licenses on my ilok with no problems. It allways seemed very simple and straight forward and I've never updated my "SP". Oh well, I'll try a few more times tonight.

Thanks again for your time Spkguitar.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:08 AM

I just thought of somthing.....I'm going to try the whole process using my laptop instead of my Pro Tools computer. Maybe I'll get lucky.

P.S. Which service pack has the reported problems? And also, which one should I be running? I want to make sure I have the correct software. Thanx.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Its not letting me sellect which licenses to download.
You need to synchronize your ilok for the selection boxes to appear. I mentioned that in the instructions, but I had it on the wrong step/in the wrong order.

Let me update the procedure for you:
  1. insert your ilok
  2. login to your account at ilok.com
  3. click on the "Download Licenses" link on the left hand side
  4. synchronize your ilok
  5. select the license to download
  6. select the ilok to download it to
  7. Click "Start Download"
I just did this with one of the McDSP demos to make sure I got the procedure correct this time ( ) and it worked just fine.

Quote:
I just thought of somthing.....I'm going to try the whole process using my laptop instead of my Pro Tools computer. Maybe I'll get lucky.
That might be a good idea, especially if your laptop has a different operating system. I'm not completely sure about the ilok compatibilities with Vista. I don't run Pro Tools on Vista myself (and wouldn't personally recommend it to anybody currently ).

Quote:
P.S. Which service pack has the reported problems?
I've had personal experience with incompatibilities with XP SP3 and the iLok client software. Luckily, I've also got a non-SP3 windows computer as well as a mac, so I've got it covered. As I said above, I'm not sure about Vista.

Old 08-16-2008, 06:37 AM

Ok Spkguitar....I hope you read this, I need your help!

Well, I pluged in my ilok to my laptop and went through all the processes and everything went smoothly. Got all the licenses downloaded no problem. So then I go back to my PT's computer and get working. I started experimenting with the McDSP plugs and had some fun. Later in the night I had a client come over and worked on a new session and life was good. After a few hours of work my client wanted to leave with a ruff mix of the song to listen to in his car. I went to bounce the mix and up comes a wierd problem......Pro Tools closed down and another Pro Tools LE window opens up with this error message......

"
OMP abort: Initializing libguide.bib, but found libguide40.lib already initialized.

This can cause performance degradation.

Set environment variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE if you want your program to continue in this case.
"

I have no idea why this is happening. It only is coming up when I try to bounce. Or I even tryed "export regions as files" and that woudn't work either. Again, PT's shuts down, this other window with the error opens and it also won't let me close the error message window and won't let me restart my computer. It makes me 'hard' shut down my computer. MAJOR PAIN IN THE BUTT!

I've never seen such a message and didn't do anything different on my computer other than authorize those demo McDSP plugs. I can't emagine that being the problem......The session I was trying to bounce didn't even have any of the McDSP plugs on it....? Everything else seems to be work as normal.

I also went into a different sesson and tryed to bounce or export and the same problem arose. I need to be able to bounce....HELP ME! SOMONE...PLEASE!
Old 08-16-2008, 07:34 AM

Do you have any other audio software installed? Third party plugins?

Try this:

right-click on the desktop icon: My computer.

choose: Advanced, then Environment Variables, then New

enter as name: KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK, enter as value: TRUE

exit with OK

Old 08-16-2008, 08:17 AM

Yea, sorry about my 'spazz out' here. I looked like a real dork in front of my client....I'm a little freaked!

Anyway, I talked with you before about a problem I had with Fruity Loops. I did open up a session that had FL installed on it before I had this new problem. That could be it...I guess. I've delt with the runtime error problem with FL, but nothing like this. I'll try your solution tonight if I can find the time.

Do you think FL is the problem.