Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 01-12-2018, 03:56 PM

Default Track View Toggle selected track on Dock

I've been hoping for a way to attention "Track View Toggle" on the selected track for the dock. So If I'm doing volume rides I can hit the Track View Toggle key and view my volume automation or whatever parameter for that track. I think the S6 has this preference, but it may not do what I'm asking for.

It's a bummer having to click on the selected track in the edit window to do this... or maybe I've been missing something all this time!

P.S. Loving the Dock though!

PT Ultimate 22.7.0 - EuControl 22.4 - Avid Omni - Pro Tools Dock - JBL 705p Monitors - JBL Intonato 24 Monitor Controller
Old 01-12-2018, 04:37 PM
Avid

Default Re: Track View Toggle selected track on Dock

Just to clarify are you asking to see the automation data lines on the iPad Control App ?
Old 01-12-2018, 04:44 PM

Hi Eddie, no just to see them on the edit window when a track is selected on the iPad.

PT Ultimate 22.7.0 - EuControl 22.4 - Avid Omni - Pro Tools Dock - JBL 705p Monitors - JBL Intonato 24 Monitor Controller
Old 01-12-2018, 05:31 PM
Avid

Try COMMAND plus CONTROL and touch the fader on the Dock.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:21 PM

Hey thanks, but that didn't work, Eddie.

And to tell you the truth, that really wouldn't be easier than using the mouse to click on the selected track. I get it if you're trying to keep it in the key command world, but I don't see myself completely free of the mouse.

It really would be slick to have this work simply by hitting the Track Toggle View button only.

Old 01-13-2018, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalonso66 View Post
Hey thanks, but that didn't work, Eddie.

And to tell you the truth, that really wouldn't be easier than using the mouse to click on the selected track. I get it if you're trying to keep it in the key command world, but I don't see myself completely free of the mouse.

It really would be slick to have this work simply by hitting the Track Toggle View button only.
Hi,
I don't get it...
There is nothing simpler than pressing one hand on COMMAND plus CONTROL and touching any knob/fader on Dock by second hand. It directly toggles track view (playlist view as I mean) in edit window to the parameter you are "riding". Even better - you can asign a sofkey to any button with macro - COMMAND plus CONTROL (modifiers section). One thing - you must leave fader/knob for a moment to get it work.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:57 AM

Hello, Actually there is something simpler... not having to remove my hand from the fader and hitting the Toggle key. For me it's about speed & ergonomics. I do this to view perviously written volume automation while make updates to my rides and I've worked this way for years.

I have no problem programming that into a micro, but I have the Dock on my right, and I prefer to hit a key on my keyboard with my left hand so I don't have to reach over my right hand to do it.

All this being said, the command-control-track touch on the ipad didn't work for me. Does that work on your end?

Old 01-13-2018, 05:28 AM

Well, I have a habit to always touch knob (on a Dock) with Cmd+Ctrl pressed on the keyboard before I start writing automation and I want to see it in playlist...
But I do it only for sends and plugins. When I write volume automation (which is much more common) I prefer to hit "-" on a keyboard which toggles between volume/waveform view - so, maybe this is what you're looking for...
Old 01-13-2018, 11:01 AM

So I get it now, pressing cmnd/cntrl, has to be done before touching the fader (or knobs).

For me this isn't the elegant solution I was looking for. I often hit the track view toggle key (-) while writing volume automation to see where I was previously. Call it the "poor man's SSL Auto-Match" method

The other thing that's a bit wonky doing the cmnd/cntrl thing is that I couldn't find a way to hide the automation data once I was viewing it. I had to go back and click on attention tack and hit (-) to hide it.

**Just a quick edit to this post, because I wanted to mention that I do appreciate the input from both Eddie and Maro Records for their suggestion and help. I'm sure I can come up with macro that will work for what I'm trying to achieve. Thanks again.

-Danny

Last edited by dalonso66; 01-13-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:23 PM

Default Track View Toggle selected track on Dock

To return to wave view:
cmd+ctrl+Sel-button