Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)

Old 05-30-2012, 06:34 AM

Default Re: 10.2 Freezes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
Ground control to Major toye? I'm assuming everything is running great and your doing back flips now?

Shane
Or he is still busy working on his ch ch changes...... Sorry couldn't resist a good Bowie joke!!!

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 06-01-2012, 08:22 AM

Update, with some further optimizations I am no longer experiencing freezing. The real test will be a full session next week. My Artist Series controllers, UAD2 Quad card are also functioning properly.

One strange event however only occurring with one of my sessions (that was tracked on PT10 but not HDx) shows a peaking right master fader level and sends white noise to the monitors when played. I can hear teh music slightly under this noise. I have tried removing every plug and send, stripped session down to just audio...still peaks. I tried importing session data to new session with tracks, still peaks. How can I save this session for my client???
Old 06-01-2012, 10:41 AM

Your first point is good news.

On the second one, you may need to import the tracks one at a time and test in order to find the corrupted file.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-01-2012, 11:18 AM

Looks like a corrupted audio files to me.

Wave-T.com
Old 06-04-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toye View Post
Update, with some further optimizations I am no longer experiencing freezing. The real test will be a full session next week. My Artist Series controllers, UAD2 Quad card are also functioning properly.

One strange event however only occurring with one of my sessions (that was tracked on PT10 but not HDx) shows a peaking right master fader level and sends white noise to the monitors when played. I can hear teh music slightly under this noise. I have tried removing every plug and send, stripped session down to just audio...still peaks. I tried importing session data to new session with tracks, still peaks. How can I save this session for my client???
Did you ever solve this?

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-22-2012, 06:56 PM

no, i did not solve the issue of the right master fader peaking with white noise. Today I began mixing "Get Up" from Indaba mix contest (Dave Pensados judging them) and 30 minutes into the mix the same thing happened to this session. I get a 9096 error telling me to change H/W Buffer size and playback will not resume until i do actually change the buffer size. After a few of these errors the master fader did its white noize thing again. I opened the system usage window and the CPU bar at the top was going crazy...flashing from green to red and bouncing between 60-80% usage. The session was not even playing.

I re-booted but the problem remained and I cant even play the session now!

This is a big problem. I do not see how it could be a corrupt audio file causing this since hundreds of other people have downloaded this session and mixed it successfully. Here is the link to the session:

http://www.indabamusic.com/opportuni...mpetition-rock

it must be something with win 7 and hdx and pro tools 10.2 HD. Perhaps a combination of routing and sends trigger it....i will tackle it again tomorrow and see what i can figure out
Old 06-22-2012, 08:00 PM

If you're only mixing, then set your buffer to 1024. It doesn't need to be any lower unless you're actually recording.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 10-14-2012, 01:56 AM

I believe the white noise and peaking master fader issue i wrote about above was due to a faulty digi cable between HDX card and HD I/O. When I was behind the desk i touched teh cable at the HDX card end and loads of static came out my monitors each time it was touched, I re positioned the cable slightly and have not had an issue since. Keep forgetting to order a new cable i think i should do that lol. Still on 10.2, going to upgrade to 10.3 based on the positive feedback im seeing on here now :) thanks cheers!
Old 10-15-2012, 05:58 AM

Glad to hear that's all it is, but do get that cable before it takes something out.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-26-2012, 10:00 PM

About every 5 minutes (it is getting ridiculous) i get a error (-9129) when tracking, or playing back and i click ok and press play and nothing comes out the speakers but i do see all my meters moving. I have to switch buffer size and then playback will work again. so every 5 minutes im going up to the menu changing between 512 and 1028 or whatever it is when mixing. Its a big session but i have loads of CPU and DSP free. Same thing happens when i track al low buffer sizes too. any ideas? im searching the web for answers atm. cheers!