Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 03:41 PM

Default Rewiring multiple synths or drums

hello all

I have finally gotten around to trying to figure out how to rewire more than one synth or drum sound in REASON to seperate pro-tools channels. Until now, I have been creating an aux channel with an instance of the rewire plug-in and bussing the audio to an audio track doing my loops one by one.

Someone here had a rewire template that I studied but the template is not showing me what I need to do or what I think should work. I probably just don't "get it" truth be told. I was so close. Anyway. What I have done is set up multiple audio channels in pro-tools and inserted an instance of rewire on each audio channel. I have achieved a signal from each mixer in REASON to each channel in Pro-tools. My problem occurs when I try to record the loops. I record enable each track and hit space bar and the audio signal drops and nothing but a flatline records. Can someone please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. It seems like I'm almost there. Thank you.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Rewiring multiple synths or drums

Hi 6969

Can I ask a couple of questions first, ummm... what vision of Pro Tools, 6.x or 7.x? Are you looking at setting up a template? How many Reason modules are you wanting to use? How many of Reason modules are Stereo and how many of them are Mono? How many ReDrum modules are you using?

filosofem
Old 09-22-2006, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Hi 6969

Can I ask a couple of questions first, ummm... what vision of Pro Tools, 6.x or 7.x? Are you looking at setting up a template? How many Reason modules are you wanting to use? How many of Reason modules are Stereo and how many of them are Mono? How many ReDrum modules are you using?

filosofem
I'm stuck at 6.4 for now and yes I'm looking to set up the template. I already know how to make a template though.

I have been assigning each mixer in REASON main output as left output only(not left and right out), to a single mono output in the REASON audio out channel outputs. I have then created a mono channel in Pro-Tools inserting a ReWire plug-in and I have achieved a signal into Pro-Tools on all the channels. I just can't get the audio to record to the track fo some reason. When I record ebnable and hit the space bar the signal goes silent and nothing records to track. I'm bumming.

Thanks for the help anyone.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:11 PM

Simple, use a AUX and buss it to a Audio track.

filosofem
Old 09-22-2006, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Simple, use a AUX and buss it to a Audio track.

filosofem
Ok. So I just need to create an aux channel for each audio channel and buss each of those to the audio track. So for 24 audio channels I will also have 24 aux channels and buss those each to the audio channels. I already thought of that but thought is was the "long way" to get the audio to multiple tracks. Ok. Thanks.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:25 PM

Oops. Only 16 busses. Now I understand why folks want more busses.