Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 06-02-2019, 01:05 PM

Default ilok manager problem after paid

I paid the renewal of another year for a Pro Tools and after made the payment I have this error:

https://ibb.co/3FD70Sy

The. I remove PACE ilok ma age and reinstalled and plug the dongle and now I have this error that there are no remaining activations for this license pro tools select a different license:

https://ibb.co/Lxq8xn7

And is stuck in the last one no edit no nothing. Why I note is that in my ilok account it doesn’t appear the new license of 2020 expiration, appears the old one that expires in July this year. We have work with persons and this problem aff cited us a lot. What could be the problem?
Old 06-02-2019, 02:29 PM
Avid

Default Re: ilok manager problem after paid

Quote:
Originally Posted by field3d View Post
I paid the renewal of another year for a Pro Tools and after made the payment I have this error:

https://ibb.co/3FD70Sy

The. I remove PACE ilok ma age and reinstalled and plug the dongle and now I have this error that there are no remaining activations for this license pro tools select a different license:

https://ibb.co/Lxq8xn7

And is stuck in the last one no edit no nothing. Why I note is that in my ilok account it doesn’t appear the new license of 2020 expiration, appears the old one that expires in July this year. We have work with persons and this problem aff cited us a lot. What could be the problem?
Please try refreshing your iLok License Manager. Also try signing out and signing back in.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:39 PM

I did refresh and log out and login. Including I removed totally the PACE ilok manager with revo uninstaller. That means revo uninstaller uninstall everything from PACE ilok manager without any trace.

The problem is we have here persons angry to see the work. This is supposed to stop piracy not to stop us as clients. I just paid one year after the payment boom crashed and ilok manager it doesn’t show the new 2020 license. In my avid account I unliked the ilok account and linked again and nothing.

What I not also is that the ilok says the belongs to another owner, then I cannot use with ilok option neither. Is so sad
Old 06-02-2019, 02:50 PM

If it's telling you your iLok belongs to another owner, but you bought the iLok new, more than likely you have multiple iLok User IDs. Some customers mistakenly sign up again using their email address when they already had an account, and have their iLok on one but the licenses in the other.

If you are trying to use the license with an iLok you could also double-check that the license isn't in iLok Cloud. (File > Close Cloud Session in iLok License Manager.)

Couldn't find your accounts based on your DUC User Name or email address to check this, but can check again if you can update your DUC email to match ilok.com, or start a support case and reply here with the case #.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:06 PM

Ok. I use here in forum my other email, just for forum purposes. Anyway, here is the Avid case number 03712850, from my email where I make my purchases. About the ilok ownership, I bought used but one year ago I paid for the transfer to Avid, and they assured me it was done at my name in my account. I detected it said the same, that belongs to the other owner, and I said to one Avid agent this, he said it was fine and no problem, and like it ran with cloud I never figured this was a problem. We filled the paper work the seller and me the buyer, of course, and like I said I paid the fee to Avid. Check the case number I uploaded there pictures of the message with one of the agents of Avid sent me, assuring all was made properly. But like I said before, I used via cloud, within any problem, then I though all that was fine because it ran, and I never checked anymore, until today that after I paid another year the Pro Tools was destroyed by my payment.

Then I cannot use cloud, neither ilok
Old 06-02-2019, 10:13 PM

Thanks for the case #. Your licenses are in an iLok Cloud Session, so you first need to Close Cloud Session in iLok License Manager. You can then activate the licenses to your iLok.

avid.force.com/pkb/articles/faq/iLok-Cloud-FAQ
Old 06-03-2019, 05:23 AM

Yes I made that. The problem is not with the cloud now. The problem now is one year ago the agents did nothing to transfer the ilok to my name and kept my money. The worst there were agents told me that was perfectly made, via phone and via email. One year ago I paid the transfer of the license with the support code described in the form Avid sent, also I uploaded the signed form with seller signature and my signature, and of course the receipt of payment. They did nothing, and the ugly is what I uploaded in the case number I posted before, I uploaded what an agent told me that was ready but they never did anything, it was a lie, and just they based that I was running in the cloud and ignored the transfer. Now, at morning when I check my email I receive in the email the form I filled one year to process the payment again and everything as if nothing happened. Is incredible. It’s a disappointing. I will not pay twice for a transfer is supposed be done one year ago, and they told there were no problem. One year ago, I was inexpert and like the cloud ran, I was thinking all is right. I sent to the case the documents of evidence of what I sent one year ago. I hope this can be solved. The service is hard for us as clients.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:43 PM

This is serious? I had 3 hours trying to call Avid to see this and please stand on the line..., a voice and after 30 minutes you wait one person answer the phone he says, I don’t know about this, you need to call other department and the same, the time goes up. And when you reach the supposed right department the other person doesn’t want to attend you, and wants to play, play and play to deviate from the main purpose and negate including escalate a case to make a deeper investigation. They didn’t helped me one year ago and neither recently. One year ago they said me that I had nothing to worry about, that everything it was correct and transferred to my name. Now, they said me the dongle is not yet at my name. How you will know what to claim if they said you one year ago that all is correct and much less if you don’t know their license procedures, you are trusting in the honesty of the company and that will tell you all and by the hand. Is an original license not a pirate software incredible p, wow! Now that I know and understand the software I see what’s happening. Like it was working the cloud time passed but I don’t know what was the purpose of the last year agents in hide the step of the dongle, why they hid or omit when I asked? This will be a mystery, because is something it doesn’t affect them. Anyway, the Avid support treated me bad and one of the agents gave me no options and was rude and hostile. Other agent tried to understand more and gave me options, including try to research what happened one year go, but in general at the end they closed the case to run. AVID WILL NOT HELP YOU IF THEY MAKE A MISTAKE. If they commit a mistake, it will result in a personal disaster for one. They will not help or do something in your favor, no matter if you pay the annual contract. By fortune, I contacted the seller and it was a miracle, with a message from him, where he explained me more than I could understand on that times and said me more than what Avid told me. After one year of the buy was a luck to find the seller and the cooperation, better than Avid support. Simply some of the agents they are not serious. Avid is the worst technical support I ever called. I remember one year ago when this happened, hours waiting to answer the phone, but again why they told me my dongle it was at my name when it wasn’t. Just a word that is not real can accumulate a problem. I noted when you open a case, that there is a hurry just to close it faster more than invest time in look options or give other details or simply escalate. I wanted to explain my experience how I was treated and it was really bad.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:27 PM

Just checked the iLok User ID for that case and it still shows your Pro Tools Perpetual, Pro Tools Plan and Avid Falcon AAX licenses activated to iLok Cloud. If you instead want these on your iLok3 then launch iLok License Manager and sign in then select File > Close Cloud Session. You can then activate the licenses to your iLok3 (which was moved to your account).

Your other concern seems related to the expiration date on some iLok licenses. Bonus plug-in licenses tied to the Update Plan get renewed around the original end date of that Update Plan. In your case, the Avid Falcon AAX (now included with PT) should be refreshed around 7/5. The Pro Tools Plan license was included with the original Pro Tools Upgrade and Support Plan ($199US) then included with the Plug-Ins and Support Plan ($99US) then replaced by the Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle ($49US). The latter provides a lot more plug-ins at a cheaper price point.

If needed, please reply to the support case and note which specific license(s) you are inquiring about.