Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2015, 03:56 PM

Default "Upgrades" Subscription License deposited to iLok Account?

I upgraded to the Pro Tools annual upgrade plan. Deposited into my iLok account was a bundle of PT 10, 11 and 12 licenses.

But there is also a new Avid Subscription/Upgrades License available in my iLok account. What is this? Am I supposed to transfer that to one of my iLoks as well? Or do I leave it alone in the "available" section of the iLok manager.

There is no documentation I could find on what this subscription license is intended for or what we should do with it, if anything.

Thanks.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Subscription License deposited to iLok Account?

If you have a standard PT12 license, then the subscription license will allow you to use the Eleven and Space plugins that are listed in the "Additional Value Content" of your Avid account. Some refer to them as the "rented plugins" since they'll stop working when the license expires.

If you have a PT12HD license, then you'll have access to the Pro Plugins bundle in addition to the Eleven and Space plugins mentioned above.

If you don't already have any of these plugins and would like to use them, then be sure to move that subscription license onto your iLok key, and use the latest installers for those plugins. The installers can be found in your Avid account by going to "My Products and Subscriptions" and looking under the "Additional Value Content" section of your "Upgrade and Support Plan for Pro Tools".

HTH!
Old 12-14-2015, 06:21 PM

Hey seanbil, thanks for responding though your description applies to the "Pro Tools Plan" and "Pro Tools HD Plan" licenses. It appears he's actually asking about the "Upgrades" license which is lacking documentation because it's currently not implemented. Also, there's info about the 'plan' licenses in the Authorization section of the release KBs (like this one) but more info can be added if needed.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Hey seanbil, thanks for responding though your description applies to the "Pro Tools Plan" and "Pro Tools HD Plan" licenses. It appears he's actually asking about the "Upgrades" license which is lacking documentation because it's currently not implemented. Also, there's info about the 'plan' licenses in the Authorization section of the release KBs (like this one) but more info can be added if needed.
Ah! Well that explains it! I apparently don't have that newfangled license yet. I figured that moogboy100's question was in regard to the Pro Tools Plan license since it's categorized by the ILM as a "subscription". But yes, my previous post was in reference to the Pro Tools Plan/HD Plan licenses.

Sorry for the confusion, folks! My bad!
Old 12-15-2015, 04:51 PM

yes I was talking about what's in the bottom of this image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screengrab.jpg (7.3 KB, 0 views)