Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2011, 10:03 AM

Default PT8 and PT9 session exchange hell

did anyone ever transported a session with busses and everything from PT9 to PT8? this is hell... I mean it took me 30 min to just re-arrange all the busses with reverbs and mix busses and get where I was in PT9 LE

how complicated can you go with compatibility..?

crazy - and I mixed 11 session in LE before movin to HD3...
Old 01-15-2011, 11:27 AM

Default Re: PT8 and PT9 session exchange hell

I've had no issues with importing PT9 sessions into PT8 on my current feature other than the pop-up dialog that says they came from a newer version of PT. After clicking through that dialog, the sessions import exactly as if they had been from PT8.

What problems are you experiencing?
Old 01-16-2011, 11:42 AM

the whole problem starts when I import session data from my mix session template I created with PT8 into PT9
lets say I import 3 reverbs and 3 delays from bus 1 to bus 6 (each one with a mono bus) into my actual session on PT9 - when I was on PT8 on HD and LE I usually did this without problems imorting it and the imoprted busses replaced the existing - great stuff... now when I'm importing session data into protools 9 it doesnt replace them it kinda creates a bus menu b (...?? what for??) and places them anywhere which means NOT on bus 1-6

then going back to PT8 HD with my PT9 session I dunno what it does exactly but now my reverbs and sends are after bus 128
Old 01-17-2011, 01:47 AM

If you have undergone through massive buss or i/o change, it is easier to import session data into a fresh session instead of opening a session created by older PT version.

Just my experience...
Old 01-18-2011, 09:15 PM

you need to first open your template in PT 9 save it then import from that.

The bussing and I/o completely changed from Version 8 to 8.1 and 9 to accommodate HEAT and other Mixer bus plugs i believe.

once you wrap your head around it. it is much better no more numbers...

but yeah to make your life easier Save a Version 9 template for yourself. upon opening you template you shouldn't have to change anything then when you import from it everything should stay where you want it.

kd