Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 01-06-2007, 09:44 AM

Default Delay Compensation Solution in M-Powered?

Hello, I recently came about a plug-in called Wormhole, where I can have instruments and effects running in another pc and get the output sent back to PT through the network. Well Everything works great just a small problem with delay. Is there any setting in M-powered that will allow me to fix this delay?

-Thanx
Old 01-06-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Delay Compensation Solution in M-Powered?

Not familiar with that program, but you could figure out the delay in samples, then insert time adjuster on each of the other tracks so they all have the same delay. That would eat up some cpu tho. you could print the tracks then line them up, then take the time adjusters off.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:33 PM

Imho the lack of plugin delay compensation and track count limitation(48 ain't enough)make Pro Tool's M-Powered and LE the most inferior product on the market.The $99 Cubase LE has less limitations and the $149 Tracktion out run's M-Powered/LE by leaps and bound's.Digi might have been the industry standard 10 years ago but they have fallin asleep and let everyone else pass them by.Add delay comp and no track limit's and they are back to #1.............CAN YOU HEAR ME DIGIDESIGN!!! HD is done!The power of today's Intel pc's are equal to or smoke your $10,000+ HD system's!Ya better wake up!
Old 01-08-2007, 03:42 AM

hahaha u got a point there MEAT!!!hahaha...has anyone checked out what cakewalk has been cookin with their SONAR 6?...oh my god its soOoo god damn amazinG! y can't pro tools be like this?with their 64 bit processing with quad or dual core 64bit processors and their 64bit mix engine together with the new windows 64 bit OS u don't need those expensive DSP's check this out and u'll see what i mean http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Performance.asp

Pro Tools 11.2
Pro Tools 10.3.9
REAPER

MPTK2
ProFire 2626
Benchmark DAC1
Neumann KH 120 A
Avid Artist Mix
ASUS Sabertooth Z77, Intel i7-3770K CPU OC'[email protected], 32 Gigs RAM
Mac OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks

Old 01-08-2007, 06:27 PM

I like my PTMP 7.3 but I believe I will be changing DAW with my next PC purchase. If I get another PC I will go with Sonar "might get it anyways" love the way they give the consumer what they want. If mac I might go with DP or Logic. I enjoy the ease of use that PT gives me but the lack of ADC is pathetic, before all the HD users chime in with their get HD setups, Intel quads make your system just about useless. I have come to the conclusion that PT has its purpose but it no longer is a must have in studios. I plan on buying an intel duo2core in march as their prices are gonna drop by 40%, I'll use XP until support for it drops then probally switch to Mac at that point and probally go with DP or Logic and have PT for those that request it.