Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 06-11-2020, 03:17 AM

Default Softube Amp Room - no brainer upgrade

I don’t usually get excited about new plugins since there is so much redundancy, but this one is worth mentioning. One of my most used guitar amp sims for the last few years has been Metal amp room... which along with bass amp room and vintage amp room is now being replaced by the new “Amp Room” plug-in which combines features of the 3 originals and has more flexibility. The upgrade price is only $29 if you already own one of the originals, and you get to keep your old license so you can still use the original version along side it. Even at the $99 intro price, I think it’s still well worth it.

https://www.softube.com/products/amp-room

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 06-11-2020, 05:21 AM

Default Re: Softube Amp Room - no brainer upgrade

I almost bought metal amp room and I’m glad I didn’t before this update came out. I will wait and see what happens with UAD integration before making any decisions about it though.
Old 06-12-2020, 03:02 PM

Extremely buggy for me. Nice that it has the new Marshall plug though.

Try before you buy.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 06-13-2020, 04:10 PM

Would anyone know that if I purchase the new Amp Room suite, it would load old instances of metal amp room from older sessions (without owning metal amp room anymore).

Basically I sold license along time ago but would consider buying Amp Room if it loaded old sessions I did with Metal Amp Room.

Thanks
Old 10-29-2020, 08:53 AM

I decided to jump in since my purchase of Volume 4 and the upgrade to Amp Room now being only €29

Had a quick tour and test and liking what I'm hearing so far! So great creative presets which remind me of those in Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5. Easy to use although adding loads of gear or some presets are a bit taxing on my humble CPU. Anyone else enjoying it?

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6