Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2014, 04:50 AM

Default Re: Troubleshooting with Virtual Soundcheck - S3L and PT11 - no tracks imported in PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobFeinberg View Post
Hi Roly,

With the three AVB ports on the E3 engine you should have one connected to the surface. So, in your situation you can do 2 ports to the stage racks (main and redundant lines) and the third to the S3 surface. The second port on the S3 surface would connect to your computer via ethernet/thunderbolt, that's all that needs to be connected to your laptop for audio and data.

Thanks,
Jacob
Hi Jacob,

Audio AVB is working perfectly.
I am trying now to connect data (Venue Link) over the same cable but I cannot do it. There is no Venue Link connection. Is it a matter of IP's? Should I do it through DHCP or manual address? What do I have to do to have both connections (audio and data) available?

Regards,
Old 09-06-2014, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Troubleshooting with Virtual Soundcheck - S3L and PT11 - no tracks imported in PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davoetta View Post
What MAC OS are u on?

Tried to de-install Pt and re-install it?
OSX 10.8
Yes, reinstalled.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Z View Post
make sure under Setups>Peripherals>VENUE that you have the correct advanced interface IP address selected in the pop-up menu at the bottom.

Your mac may have built-in ethernet, Wifi, and Thunderbolt network ports; Pro Tools doesn't necessarily know which one is correct. So it's possible the wrong connection has been selected. You need to pick the connection carrying the VENUE link data (same cable that carries the AVB audio as previously noted and it should begin with 169.xxx)
Rolybarabas, did you see this post? It is likely, that time to time Pro Tools forgets this preference and you need to go in and assign the correct network port for Pro Tools to look for Venue from the right port.

As Mike said, go Setup > Peripherals > VENUE > Advanced Network Settings, from there choose right port, if the port is right you will be able to choose VENUE E3 Engine under VENUE System window at the same page. If all goes well, you will then see (connected) message appear next to VENUE E3 Engine selection.

When it comes to redundant AVB connection and where to pick the input to your Mac you can go different ways, I for example have one cable connected from stage to E3, the other one from stage to S3, then there is a short cable between E3 & S3 and computer is connected to the E3 (third port).

Also don't forget that you do need to actually have inputs patched to channels for them to appear in Pro Tools. If you create a show file where you have no inputs assigned to channels, there will be no audio tracks created in Pro Tools. .
Old 11-25-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Z View Post
make sure under Setups>Peripherals>VENUE that you have the correct advanced interface IP address selected in the pop-up menu at the bottom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristo Kotkas View Post
.....Pro Tools forgets this preference and you need to go in and assign the correct network port for Pro Tools to look for Venue from the right port.
Both are correct. This setting is forgotten more often than not in my scenario and needs to be changed. However, the computer being used is my "daily driver" and perhaps a dedicated computer wouldn't have this issue.

Also, while attempting to "Create Session From Venue," be sure the S3L is not set to "Virtual Soundcheck Mode."
I used an existing Pro Tools session to set up my Venue show file. Then when attempting to create a new PT session from the show file, I experienced what was described in the initial post. Switch the S3L back to the Stage Inputs and everything should work correctly.