Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 07-17-2003, 01:34 AM

Default Interlok & PT 6.1

I just received the upgrade to 6.1. I made the big jump because my legally authorized plugins always blew up when removing them pre format in OS 9. It became quite the PIA. At any rate, PT sales informed me that the floppy hassle was a thing of the past if I upgraded to PT 6.0. I said cool because I was dual booting OS 9 & OS X anyway. So, I took the jump to OS 10.2.6. Apple has obviously tightened up the code & tweaked out many bugs.

So, I'm sitting here with the "Do This Before You Install PT 6.1" manual & have noted the existence of an Interlok USB Key. My question is this. Do I have to purchase that sucker immediately to use the Interlok system to use my plug ins? If so, it was mighty convenient for the sales department to not mention it when quoting prices. NBD really, if it has to be, it has to be. However, since I was escaping exploding floppy disk authorization, I would think it prudent to mention ALL costs to an agitated customer (apparently very few people suffer from the unexplained floppy failure).

All the above being stated, I must say that the staff at Digidesign with the exception of some customer service rep & one tech support individual have behaved impeccably. My requests for support were heeded quickly & professionally per usual (unlike the Logic Audio\Emagic support crew). Anyway, if someone knows whether the Interlok key is required immediately, I would like to know.

Thanks,

The Bluez
Old 07-17-2003, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Interlok & PT 6.1

Bluez,

You can install and run PT 6.1 and the basic plugins w/o an iLok, but to run iLok'ed plugins you need the thing even for running plugin demoes. Upgrading from floppy to iLok is ranging from simple to a real pain in the neck depending on the plugin maker, your registration with them and so on. Digidesign CS USA have been very helpful to me...

xoxo PV