Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2003, 06:56 AM

Default ARE WAVES THE BEST PLUGINS IN THE MARKET?

I have been using Waves for the last two months, I like some Plugins like TRUVERB, Q10, L1-L2, But I was wondering if I should keep buying just WAVES since all the plugins have the same controls and its kind of easy to learn a new plugins features.
Old 09-30-2003, 09:36 AM

Default Re: ARE WAVES THE BEST PLUGINS IN THE MARKET?

As for the "ease of use" argument, yes, that's a good reason to stick with Waves. However, experimenting with others would definitely expand your scope a bit. The Bombfactory compressors, for example, have a vintage analog quality to them that may be more suited to some needs. I am extremely pleased with Waves plug-ins and I would definitely lean towards a Waves product if I had to decide on a new plug-in and it was available from two different brands.

If we were talking about all plug-ins for all platforms (ie:TDM, Mac, etc.) there may be a serious debate about what's the best on the market. Many of the Mac TDM guys I know are in love with McDSP plugs. If you're wondering what is the best for PTLE on PC, then it's Waves hands down!!

Old 09-30-2003, 09:41 AM

R-Verb is definitely nicer sounding than TrueVerb. You may be a little intimidated by it at this point, but once you get comfortable with it, you'll never go back. I don't use TrueVerb that much anymore.
Old 09-30-2003, 09:55 AM

Thanks Bill, Helpfull Answers like this is what I love.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:00 AM

Quote:
The Bombfactory compressors, for example, have a vintage analog quality to them that may be more suited to some needs.
This particular plug-in is notorious for sucking volume out of your mix. Use it, but be carefull
Old 09-30-2003, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The Bombfactory compressors, for example, have a vintage analog quality to them that may be more suited to some needs.
This particular plug-in is notorious for sucking volume out of your mix. Use it, but be carefull
Actually, this would be true of any compressor that's used poorly, hardware or plugin, but which BF compressor in particuliar are you referring?