Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > RTAS & TDM Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2013, 08:50 AM

Default please recommend me some plugin (bundle)

hello duc, it's been some time since I had the time to record and mix but I started a new project myself as well as a recording/mix for friends' band, live mixes and demo recordings soon for my dad (singer/songwriter stuff).

I've been using PT LE 10's stock plugs and a t-racks bundle but want to get some better stuff, because i'm finding the stock compressors ineffective and those from t-racks unuseful for most instruments, for example I can't really use those on acoustic guitars or vocals without compromising sound. except for that vintage compressor I like for groups... so I've been thinking about getting a waves bundle, I guess the gold one might be what I'm looking for/willing to pay, I've used these on a mix a few years back and liked it a lot. would you recommend that bundle or do you think something else would make more sense?

thanks guys!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:48 AM

Default Re: please recommend me some plugin (bundle)

Try the McDSP stuff, they have a full featured timed (15 days) demo
They have most of there stuff working in 11 now

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 07-11-2013, 04:42 PM

Waves Kramer PIE, API Series, CLA Bundle are some of my favorites.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:55 PM

Don't forget your German neighbors at Native Instruments. The Komplete bundle has a great selection of VIs and effects. Also, Slate Digital plugins are on many peoples' short list of must-have plugins. Softube and Soundtoys also have some great stuff and Softube is having a very nice sale now.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:05 AM

+1 on McDSP. Dow load the demos and watch the how to videos.

PSP as well worth checking out.

Wouldn't bother using waves. I have Gold and don't use it any more now that I have almost all the mcDSP.

Can you explain what trouble you're having with the stock PT10 plugins? In 10, you should be able to mix fine with stock; 3rd party may add color, but I'd watch YouTube videos on using the stock plugins before spending g your money.
2019 16" MBP, 32GB, 1TB SSD; OSX 10.15.7; 4TB USB-C G-Tech External
Summit Audio 2BA-221, TLA-50 -->Focusrite 18i20 3rd Gen, Eleven Rack, Pro Tools 2021.3
Plugins, Virtual Instruments, and real ones
Old 07-13-2013, 09:53 AM

My desert island plug is metric halo's channel strip. It's part of their production bundle, which I have and highly recommend since you're looking at bundles.

Plug & mix VIP bundle is very cool also. IMO more for the flavor stuff. But totally worth the price.

And as far as singles, slate digital's FG-x is a great master limiter. Their VCC and VTM are great also, but again are more for flavor and I can survive without them. I really want to try their new Virtual buss compressors, but am waiting AAX 64-bit support.

And I also own McDSP's analog channel and ML4000. Being as I'm waiting on slate for pt11 support, I've gone back to using these more as they are PT11 ready. They kind of overlap what the slate plugs do. And I could easily live with either/or, with FG-x having the biggest edge.

Oh and I have waverider v2, which is great for a lot of uses. But may not be useful to you. And Cytomic's the glue. Another great buss compressor.