Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 01-13-2019, 06:24 PM

Default Custom mapping plug in parameters

Hello, finally the dock has arrived and I like it

But there are few things I don’t like

I’d like to be able to map plug ins parameters as I wish

For example, with metric halo eq I’d like to be able to have a dedicated knob for Q parameter, instead pressing sel to control the Q

That’s one of the main reasons I wanted a controller

To be able to control Freq and Gain together with Q

Using two hands and tweaking two parameters I can have the sensibility of an analog console, but if I need to push sel to control the Q I won’t have the same sensibility and interaction of an analog console

Do you have any idea if I can do this? I want to be able to change the plug in mapping as I wish

Another disappointing thing is about editing, it doesn’t seem I’ll be able to use it for editing, seems still very much mouse dependent... and in general, first impression is I will still be very much mouse dependent, but maybe I just have to learn it a bit, but the soft keys section seems confusing

Also, having a touch display at hand, I thought the editing part was like more hand made touching the wave form to move it, zoom it, trim it, cutting and so on

It doesn’t seem possible, so avid, I’m giving you a great idea... make editing possible with hand gestures, cutting, trimming, everything needs to be made by hand, not using buttons on the screen to nudge and so on

Thanks
Old 01-18-2019, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Custom mapping plug in parameters

Hey Mattian,

This feature request exists for years now. It not possible on any eucon controller, S6 included. I lost confidence that this will ever be implemented. Obviously it’s not as easy to program. So maybe someday in the next 20 years.

I just wonder why Avid is not allowing to edit the pagetable.xml in the aax plugin by the user. This would be so easy...
Old 01-22-2019, 02:03 AM

Yeah... and actually now a bigger problem is knobs... I’d like to customize speed and sensitivity... they are not much usable, you can’t trust them and mix closed eyes
Old 01-23-2019, 09:28 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattian View Post
Yeah... and actually now a bigger problem is knobs... I’d like to customize speed and sensitivity... they are not much usable, you can’t trust them and mix closed eyes
What verison of EuControl are you using ?
Old 03-28-2019, 03:31 PM

I'm using the last one, sorry I didn't expect to receive an answer because I hadn't seen much interest on this forum about the dock

but thank you very much for the reply

I'm trying working with the dock but I think it has many aspects that should be improved, it's a great idea and I see a lot of potential

So, if you need someone to expand the use of the dock and iPad, I'm available

For example, the iPad could be used to do editing by hand and to have an "instinctive" direct transport control

The knobs need to have references, in general everything needs to have references, so you can mix without watching or watching much less than you do know

Many ideas come to mind about how to do these things, so I'm constructively available, if you need
Old 05-13-2021, 09:02 AM

Now here in 2021 has this issue been solved? Are plugin parameters still randomly spread out on the S series so I will have to bank page after page? I hated that with the Artist series. Has there been any development?
Old 05-13-2021, 09:57 AM
Avid

End of June....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210513_095151.jpg (58.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-13-2021, 04:53 PM

Yay!! Definitely exciting times!!
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 05-25-2021, 08:05 AM

I am running the demo of DMG's amazing Multiplicity plug-in and literally waiting to buy it until I know custom mapping is coming. The plug-in is almost unusable on a surface right now. Can't wait Eddie!
Old 05-25-2021, 01:19 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichman View Post
I am running the demo of DMG's amazing Multiplicity plug-in and literally waiting to buy it until I know custom mapping is coming. The plug-in is almost unusable on a surface right now. Can't wait Eddie!
Its not even tagged as an EQ or have a graph in EUCON. You should ping them and let them know too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Custom.jpg (37.0 KB, 0 views)