Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2015, 05:58 AM

Default Pro Tools Control Won't Connect to Eucon

I am running Pro Tools 10.0 on Windows 7 64 bit. The "surfaces" tab in Eucon shows the Pro Tools Control as *available* but when it is selected or dragged to the "my sufaces" window it doesn't stay. Obviously Pro Tools is seeing my iPad but doesn't connect. Any suggestions?
Old 09-09-2015, 07:12 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Control Won't Connect to Eucon

The whole thing is a pain in the arse. I've given up with it. I can get it working fine then when I change sessions, it disconnects. I have to restart PT to connect it again. It makes me wonder what Avids testing practices are.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:25 AM

The first thing I would do is install the latest version of Pro Tools (10.3.10) and the latest version of EuControl (3.3 I think).

PT Ultimate - Mac Studio M1 Max - Monterey - RME Fireface UFX II - 2x S1, 1x Dock with an iPad 7th gen - Genelec 8330 5.1 setup
Old 09-09-2015, 10:05 AM

That's the only advice I've gotten so far so I'll give it a try. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:30 AM

The whole Pro Tools Control is a waste of time.
How it "works" now should be a pre-beta version...but sadly we are getting used to untested / unfixed software coming from Avid lately. E.g The basic function in PT11 didn't work for about a year. After 12 has come out the AVE in the PT11 is still very buggy and could be a show stopper in some cases. Obviously the 12 is the illness successor with the same AVE.
And my connection setting is ok. The Spancontrol by the Cargo Cult works perfectly on my system. Cause the guy cares and tests his software before going public with it.
Thus I have no problem to pay for it. Having said that I am the customer who spent allot of money during 15 years on Avid hardware / software.
May be its just a matter of time and iZotope becomes a major editing / mixing software. At list it works without any glitches.

Sound Designer
/ mixer
www.goorevich.com

PT HD⎪N v2024.3 Ultimate ● macOS Ventura 13.6.3
MacPro 7.1 (2019) 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W 16-Core ● 96 GB RAM
MTRX Studio + DADman 5.7.0.1 + MOM ● Sync HD ● AJA Kona LHi referenced by AJA GEN10 ● D-Command ES24
Old 09-10-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoorevich View Post
The whole Pro Tools Control is a waste of time.
How it "works" now should be a pre-beta version...but sadly we are getting used to untested / unfixed software coming from Avid lately.
I would completely disagree with that part of your statement. I think the Pro Tools Control is one of the best features released by Avid in a long time, it's running rock solid on my end (once eucon gets restarted in pt 12.2...which is being addressed right now) and I am loving it. It's the perfect companion to my Artist Mix and it has made my life dramatically easier over the past several mixes I worked on. If they'll add the ability to control sends to it I'll be truly happy with this.
(I am running on a MAC PT 12.2... so my experience might be different because of that)
UAD Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, UAD Quad Pcie
Apollo Twin Duo,
HDX Card,
2x Avid I/O Analog 16/16,
4x Artist Mix, Avid Dock, PT Control,
2019 Mac Pro 12 core, 48 gig Ram, running Big Sur,
lots of outboard gear
Old 09-11-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtomcat View Post
I would completely disagree with that part of your statement. I think the Pro Tools Control is one of the best features released by Avid in a long time, it's running rock solid on my end (once eucon gets restarted in pt 12.2...which is being addressed right now) and I am loving it. It's the perfect companion to my Artist Mix and it has made my life dramatically easier over the past several mixes I worked on. If they'll add the ability to control sends to it I'll be truly happy with this.
(I am running on a MAC PT 12.2... so my experience might be different because of that)
The idea is good, only if it would work reliable. I only can make it work in 10% of time. The rest of the time I struggle with it. And I have no time for this nonsense!
Really, why the Spancontrol by the The Cargo Cult is working within the same PT session flawless and PT Control does't?
Why the PT Control doesn't work with more than 8 tracks (in a real life)?
Why I should be a freaking beta tester of Avid software (BTW: I tried to apply to their "the upper league of the beta testers a while ago)? Because its free?
I own and love my D-Command ES24 console and hope they will not brake anything in some PT version as they achieved outstanding results in braking existing features that worked for years. Fixing bugs? Well the cloud collaboration and subscription plans are much more intriguing the Avid's management at the time.
But who I am? I am just a junky customer not having a long term vision.

Sound Designer
/ mixer
www.goorevich.com

PT HD⎪N v2024.3 Ultimate ● macOS Ventura 13.6.3
MacPro 7.1 (2019) 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W 16-Core ● 96 GB RAM
MTRX Studio + DADman 5.7.0.1 + MOM ● Sync HD ● AJA Kona LHi referenced by AJA GEN10 ● D-Command ES24