Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2011, 02:41 PM

Default Re: an issue with grid values

Here's the deal: I just bought a new Mac Mini. It comes with Lion. I'll be using it exclusively for Voice-Over recording. Am I screwed? Can I use the brand-new Pro Tools 9 I just ordered? I'm a little lame compared to you power users, so please forgive my noob-ness.

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:33 PM

Default Re: an issue with grid values

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymilder View Post
Here's the deal: I just bought a new Mac Mini. It comes with Lion. I'll be using it exclusively for Voice-Over recording. Am I screwed? Can I use the brand-new Pro Tools 9 I just ordered? I'm a little lame compared to you power users, so please forgive my noob-ness.

Thanks!
Welcome to the DUC.

First off.. your question has nothing to do with the topic in this thread. you should have created a new thread for your topic, or better yet, (and this should ALWAYS be your first effort), do a search for Lion and PT9.

To answer your question, Protools will NOT work with lion. period. They are working on it and at some point it probably will, but not now and not for awhile. Either find a computer with an older OS on it or use a different DAW software for now.

Avid is/has been very clear on this and it has/is being discussed here and elsewhere frequently.

ALWAYS look at the requirements for any software you buy and make sure it will run on your system before you buy it. You will save yourself countless headaches.

Good luck.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!