Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2010, 11:24 AM

Default Pro Tools Launch stalls at "build edit window" when ethernet cable is connected

has this happened to anyone? never had this problem before, all of a sudden, whenver I try to open pro tools with the ethernet cable connected pro tools launches really slowly then gets stuck completely as it's about to load the edit window (using macbook pro, wheel spins indefinitely) If I disconnect the ethernet cable then it will open, but it's extremely annoying to disconnect the ethernet every time to open pro tools then reconnect it - this started happening out of nowhere, and I've tried every possible troubleshooting method I can think of
Old 05-22-2010, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Launch stalls at "build edit window" when ethernet cable is connected

This happens to me too. Just started out of the blue..

I lost a whole day of session work trying to figure this out. Tried re-installing the OS and PT and everything on the troubleshooting threads. At least now I know disconnecting the ethernet cable lets me load sessions so I can go back to work.

Thanks for the temporary solution. Let's hope they figure out a fix.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Launch stalls at "build edit window" when ethernet cable is connected

I have the same problem. Not much info around for a fix. Will keep searching. I'll reply if I hear something.

Also Rudibador I notice you have almost the exact same setup as me. May be some thing in that. The plot thickens.