Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2017, 12:15 PM

Default Issue with Pro Tools & Mackie MCU

Hey all,

Trying out a previously-owned Mackie MCU (version 2.0 firmware) with Pro Tools 12.4.0 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.5.

I've followed the instructions on everything from firmware updating to connecting w/ PT as an HUI interface.

Haven't been able to successfully update firmware. When I play back the MIDI track downloaded from Mackie's site, the display reads "U1)" with a blinking cursor. nothing happens after the file ends or after I stop playback. Tried playing back from PT, Logic, & Ableton, and decreasing tempo.

When I connect to Pro Tools (MCU set to "HUI emulation"), there are always a few random indicators lit on the Mackie, namely pan led's and maybe a mute button or something (always different). I can control track pan knobs with the MCU, but the leds either don't change, or they jump around. Nothing else responds or alters anything in PT (transport controls, faders, etc.). No luck with booting the MCU to "Mackie Control" or "Logic" modes.

I had a little more luck using the MCU with Reaper, where faders sort of worked (jumpy and very, very laggy), and mute, solo, and record arm controls worked. Then again, this was in "Mackie Control" mode.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!
Old 07-04-2017, 08:55 AM
Avid

Default Re: Issue with Pro Tools & Mackie MCU

Hi, You might have more luck in either Mackie's forums or in the PT forums as most in here are using EUCON controllers. (or you should try out an Artist Mix instead ;-) )