Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2015, 08:14 AM

Default Camel Audio Going Dark July 7th

For any Camel Audio Product users, the deadline for downloading backups of all your plugins and libraries is fast approaching: July 7. There's a helpful FAQ on how to create the backups. The suggestion is to back up both Win and Mac versions, in case in the future you switch from one system to the other.

Just a friendly reminder. Still sorry this great VI never got to Alchemy 2.0 with AAX as they were promising.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Camel Audio Going Dark July 7th

So no one's picking up the product line and going forward with it then I guess? I thought Apple bought them out.

QAPLA!
Old 06-29-2015, 01:42 PM

If apple bought them like the rumors suggest, I would guess something from their product line will eventually be re-purposed as a part of Logic.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 06-30-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Toolbox View Post
If apple bought them like the rumors suggest, I would guess something from their product line will eventually be re-purposed as a part of Logic.
John, That's the speculation I've most often seen on some of the forums out there. Such a shame. I had been in touch with one of their guys and even did some beta testing for them of the AAX versions of CamelPhat and CamelSpace (both of which I use regularly!) and felt confident we were just weeks away from Alchemy 2.0 with AAX...and then...whoosh...gone!

It would be a shame if some future release has all the 2.0 bells and whistles but ONLY compatible to for Logic Pro. At least make it VST 64bit like it is now. But I'm not holding my breath!

Old 07-01-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
John, That's the speculation I've most often seen on some of the forums out there. Such a shame. I had been in touch with one of their guys and even did some beta testing for them of the AAX versions of CamelPhat and CamelSpace (both of which I use regularly!) and felt confident we were just weeks away from Alchemy 2.0 with AAX...and then...whoosh...gone!

It would be a shame if some future release has all the 2.0 bells and whistles but ONLY compatible to for Logic Pro. At least make it VST 64bit like it is now. But I'm not holding my breath!
Based on other audio companies that were acquired by apple, it's highly unlikely there will be any versions available other than those compatible with macs, iOS devices, and apple software. It will be interesting to see what features they keep. The redmatica autosampler software is now part of MainStage. It used to export to Kontakt and other sampler formats, but now it only exports to EXS24. Older versions of Logic used to support TDM hardware, I think it was even possible to use some of the Logic plugins like space designer on TDM chips if you ran Logic in TDM mode... I remember it was still advertised that it worked with Logic 6, I'm not sure how long this lasted after the apple buyout though.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 07-01-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
The redmatica autosampler software is now part of MainStage. It used to export to Kontakt and other sampler formats, but now it only exports to EXS24.
According to this page:
http://www.native-instruments.com/en...pecifications/
Kontakt 5 will import EXS24 mk I and MK II formats so you could still get Redmatica stuff into Kontakt. Note that I've not tried it because I don't have an EXS24 stuff here.

QAPLA!
Old 07-01-2015, 08:43 AM

...and so it goes...

Old 07-01-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
According to this page:
http://www.native-instruments.com/en...pecifications/
Kontakt 5 will import EXS24 mk I and MK II formats so you could still get Redmatica stuff into Kontakt. Note that I've not tried it because I don't have an EXS24 stuff here.
There is a few threads about EXS24 sounds imported into Kontakt5 and that crashes PT11/12 hard. I tried it as we almost never have had any issues with Kontakt but crash as soon as I try importing EXS24 in kontakt5 in PT12/11.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-19-2015, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Based on other audio companies that were acquired by apple, it's highly unlikely there will be any versions available other than those compatible with macs, iOS devices, and apple software. It will be interesting to see what features they keep. The redmatica autosampler software is now part of MainStage. It used to export to Kontakt and other sampler formats, but now it only exports to EXS24. Older versions of Logic used to support TDM hardware, I think it was even possible to use some of the Logic plugins like space designer on TDM chips if you ran Logic in TDM mode... I remember it was still advertised that it worked with Logic 6, I'm not sure how long this lasted after the apple buyout though.
Yea but autosampler 2 sucks in Mainstage!!! I still use my original purcahse. I was lucky to get a key right before he shut down. LONG LIVE AUTOSAMPLER 2, the best sampler there is even though I am starting to use Samplit 2. It has its steep learning curve but I will get it. I love making patches for my Korg Kronos, creating unique stuff.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboman01 View Post
Yea but autosampler 2 sucks in Mainstage!!! I still use my original purcahse. I was lucky to get a key right before he shut down. LONG LIVE AUTOSAMPLER 2, the best sampler there is even though I am starting to use Samplit 2. It has its steep learning curve but I will get it. I love making patches for my Korg Kronos, creating unique stuff.
Thanks for posting this. I was not aware of Samplit. How does the looping in samplit compare to autosampler? Does it have something similar to penrose machine or is it just a basic crossfade looper?