Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-02-2011, 12:28 PM

Default NAMM - Predictions?

I will be attending - predictions on what Avid might introduce (if anything)?
Old 01-02-2011, 01:08 PM

Default Re: NAMM - Predictions?

something for the Eleven Rack and maybe Eleven Software.

Maybe the 004.

Quote:
We’re back in a big way—you won’t want to miss our exciting new product announcements, expert demonstrations, and hands-on workstations.

Visit our theaters to witness the latest solutions for the recording guitarist and digital performing artist—including Eleven® Rack, Torq®, and the new M-Audio® GSR PA speakers.
http://apps.avid.com/namm2011/

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-02-2011, 08:03 PM

004 sounds exciting!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:07 PM

The 004 would, indeed, be something to consider seriously.. Hope it shows.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:09 AM

Fully functional windows 7 drivers.......

Actually, now that you can use other hardware with ProTools, I wonder how much of an effort they are going to put towards an 004. Unless the price point is really good, or it can fully take advantage of the track counts in PT9, I'm not sure why the 003 needs to be updated.

What I would love to see (which probably won't ever happen) is a control surface for ProTools that didn't have the audio interface built into it. Something much cheaper than the 003 mixer, but that you could use to control the software, plugins, etc better than some of the options that are available now.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markblasco View Post
Fully functional windows 7 drivers.......

Actually, now that you can use other hardware with ProTools, I wonder how much of an effort they are going to put towards an 004. Unless the price point is really good, or it can fully take advantage of the track counts in PT9, I'm not sure why the 003 needs to be updated.
PT9's higher I/O count for one.. 003 is limited to 18 and it's a barndance to get all of them going at once..

I have my own mic pres and converters.. I just want a reasonably priced interface for getting 16 (minimum) ADAT into PT, and have a reasonably priced control surface to use with it.. (I agree with Albee on the price for the Euphonix stuff.. the win drivers issue doesn't concern me these days though )

I probably won't get everything I want for the price I feel is 'reasonable', but I think we will be a lot closer within the next year or so..

Here's to hoping!

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-04-2011, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
PT9's higher I/O count for one.. 003 is limited to 18 and it's a barndance to get all of them going at once..

I have my own mic pres and converters.. I just want a reasonably priced interface for getting 16 (minimum) ADAT into PT, and have a reasonably priced control surface to use with it.. (I agree with Albee on the price for the Euphonix stuff.. the win drivers issue doesn't concern me these days though )

I probably won't get everything I want for the price I feel is 'reasonable', but I think we will be a lot closer within the next year or so..

Here's to hoping!
Well, since you don't need an avid interface to use ProTools anymore, I can only imagine that means a lot fewer people will be buying their consumer level interfaces, which means they are probably going to sell a lot fewer 004's than they otherwise might have, so I'm not getting my hopes up for the price point to be "reasonable".
Old 01-04-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markblasco View Post
Well, since you don't need an avid interface to use ProTools anymore, I can only imagine that means a lot fewer people will be buying their consumer level interfaces, which means they are probably going to sell a lot fewer 004's than they otherwise might have, so I'm not getting my hopes up for the price point to be "reasonable".
Water finds its own level... and that's the hope. Since I can choose my hardware from many vendors (relative), that should help to keep the price down so that they CAN sell their goods.. Folks are going to buy something,, why not theirs if they are priced competitively? that's my hope at any rate.

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-04-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Water finds its own level... and that's the hope. Since I can choose my hardware from many vendors (relative), that should help to keep the price down so that they CAN sell their goods.. Folks are going to buy something,, why not theirs if they are priced competitively? that's my hope at any rate.
I too am hoping for something between the mbox range and omni/hd native setup. Seems as the new mbox's are maybe better, sound quality wise, than the current 003. And as mentioned the 003 isn't close to the 32 channel I/O limit of pt9.

So what I'm getting at, is if they can drop an interface that sounds as good as the new ones, has 32 channels of I/O, and actually works at really low buffers, I'll buy one. Working well at low buffers will always be more difficult with a 3rd party interface. Not that it can't be done. Just avid should always have an edge there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2011, 11:37 AM

I agree. The new Mboxes show that they are trying to be very competitive with their hardware, marketing it to people who don't even use protools. I see no reason why they wouldn't have the same attitude with a 004.