Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2010, 05:49 AM

Default Eleven Users -full version Classic Rock tones

http://www.mediafire.com/?61fdmq1x9lr7idn

Above is a link of my choice plexi, jmp, jcm800 and vox distorted gtr tones. The Axe FX may be eons better, but I think you'll find these to be quite nice.

I have vintage plexi's and was able to dial and tweak the amp modeler quite close to sound and feel. I was surprised that the developers actually took the volume channels bleed into account when developing and other characteristics of EQ dials and gain staging that the old plexi's circuitry has.

Anyway, enjoy
Old 08-16-2010, 07:44 AM

Default Re: Eleven Users -full version Classic Rock tones

I went to your Soundclick page to hear some of the sounds.

I was wondering if you would share how you got the great acoustic sound on Dee? Stuff like what mic was used and how you avoided background sounds...etc.

I use a large diaphram condenser mic, and I have a lot of trouble with breathing sounds when I record acoustic.

Your sound is so crystal clear and no background sounds.

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimst57 View Post
I was wondering if you would share how you got the great acoustic sound on Dee? Stuff like what mic was used and how you avoided background sounds...etc.

I use a large diaphram condenser mic, and I have a lot of trouble with breathing sounds when I record acoustic.

Thanks.
Funny you mention avoiding background noise and 'Dee'. Ever hear the original?

Eleven is pretty damn good btw....been messing around with it lately, more real sounding than other plugins Ive tried before, but still lacks something.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimst57 View Post
I went to your Soundclick page to hear some of the sounds.

Thanks.
Oh thanks. Believe it or not, Dee was recorded with a cheap low-end Yahama thin body, not sure of the model number and with dead strings... it was a 2 AM spur of the moment recording. The results were deceiving because dead strings almost sound a little nylon-ish and the the fact that this was my first classical song that I learned, and having extremely short nails, missing the of attack that comes with long nail, also made for a mello sound. It is what it is...

Signal chain was a Gefell UM70s, cardiod position, 14 inches from the 12-14th slightly toward the sound hole into an mbox2. That is it. The convolution reverb(s) that I used (2 mono channels) came EXTREMELY well, if you listen to the original, I simulated that quite well. Took me about 50minutes of tweaking to nail that reverb sound. The session 44.1/16 which is too bad, because I have since learned that especially with mbox2's and PT LE, sessions that are 96/16 sound much better.... of well, live and learn. The Gefell is a VINTAGE one, not a Gefell UMT70s.
I have since bought vintage KM84i and had a fully service by the MIC SHOP, best place in the USA for service highend mics. The KM84i blows the all my mics away for tracking acoustic gtr.

Oh yeah, always keep your recording signal level peaks to -8 to-10dBfs
Old 08-17-2010, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterdmz View Post
Funny you mention avoiding background noise and 'Dee'. Ever hear the original?

Eleven is pretty damn good btw....been messing around with it lately, more real sounding than other plugins Ive tried before, but still lacks something.
Load my presets, they are pretty damn good....they arent missing much providing you have Les Paul or another Mahogany bodied guitar--- I have a Ibanez JS1600. Now where AXE FX wins out is that the rhythm distorted gtr setting also have a natural feel and tone/compression for leadwork...eleven kinda wimps out and sounds weird requiring a whole new tweaking for lead tones. Kind of a pain. However, the presets I came up with -deceiving hard to get right- sound great. There is circuit interplay with the Marshall type amps, esp the plexi. There is also some weird crap going on with the mic selection and also on or off axis selections AND also the cabinet used... These extra variables are sometimes realistic to the mic etc and sometimes WAaaaay offf requiring some surprises to tweak it right... Moreover, the selection of the mic and cab REALLY can affect the FEEL, compression and saturation of the overdrive, drastically when in reality it wouldn't necessarily be so drastic between certain mic combinations....FYI.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:32 AM

I have someone at another forum saying they load install or load my presets into their Eleven plug, some error message... can someone some install my settings and see if it works for you?
Old 08-20-2010, 03:29 AM

I have guys asking how they can use my settings with their Eleven rack.

How can they update their rack with my settings -I have PT 8.0 LE, Eleven -full version???
Old 08-20-2010, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cary chilton View Post
I have someone at another forum saying they load install or load my presets into their Eleven plug, some error message... can someone some install my settings and see if it works for you?
hi cary. thanks for these. they are working fine on ptle 8.04 with eleven le.

marco
Old 08-20-2010, 06:36 AM

anyway for the people with the 11R to update their sys with these?
Old 08-20-2010, 08:54 AM

UPDATED PRESETS
http://www.mediafire.com/?ff3xcshmxa81taj