Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2013, 06:53 PM

Default Problem Mbox pro3 and Mac

Hello, people.
I was using my mbox3 with Windows7 without any problem.
Now I bought a Mac and installed all the software of my ProTools 9 and Mbox pro3 but the computer doesn’t recognize the mbox. Don’t know what could be happening.
I also installed all the actualizations that are on AVID web….. but, don’t work.

Any idea of the problem? Don’t really know what to do!

Thank you for help!!

Javier
Old 07-16-2013, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Problem Mbox pro3 and Mac

Did you install the Mac drivers for the Mbox?
Old 07-16-2013, 10:25 PM

I have the same problem except that I am recognized

Everything is routed in my control panel - playback is flawless in Pro Tools except that I cannot hear anything. The meters are moving in the control panel, hardware says "connected" and streaming, outputs are assigned to headphone A & B and Outputs 1/2 where speakers are connected. NOTHING.

The Mbox works fine - have it in Windows 8 and it works fine.

Does not work in Mac OS X 10.8.3

Why? Running the new mac mini i7 (late 2012 version) - doesn't work with Pro Tools 11, 10, or 9. Haven't tried 8 or earlier.

Searched and searched the DUC - no solutions found. I have drivers 1.2.0 and firmware 1.0.3
Old 07-17-2013, 04:32 AM

Check out my answer in this thread:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=341637

It seems like more than just me is having the 'no sound' problem.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:13 AM

I've installed the drivers that came with the mbox and download a few things from this link:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...ox-Pro-Drivers

Should I actuallize to Pro Tool 10?
Old 07-26-2013, 11:41 PM

I own the Mbox 3 Pro and ive also had a few issues with it. Right now it's running PT10 on a MacPro with 10.8.3 (so it does work on Mountain Lion). When it comes to performance issues it can normally be traced back to FireWire. Make sure the bus is not being shared. I was having huge issues and I just swapped the FW800 plugs around and walla, it works fine. If you're using an external FW800 drive for your projects, I do for my iMac, make sure the drive is last in line on the FW chain (this is contrary to Avids suggestions). So run the drive off the back of the card if you can. Drivers are also a big deal, I'm running the latest one on the MacPro with no issues but I tried that on my iMac running 10.6.8 and PT10 and it wouldn't work at all so I had to go back a version.

My biggest issue is I have have to switch the unit on and off a few times to initialize correctly. Sometimes the lights will bounce during the initialization process and get stuck, when that happens I know the unit won't work. The lights need to bounce to red and disappear completely. Also if you're starting up the Mac, start up the Mbox 3 Pro AFTER the machine has settled. I very rarely switch my machines off because of this but it seems to work.

Due to some bunglings on my suppliers side I have been waiting for my Omni/HD Bundle for over 2 months. Because of this the Mbox has had to take over the main duty for the studio and its done a admirable job. I've been really impressed with it.

I agree there are a few issues with software but other than the issues I've mentioned it's been a great card for me and paid itself back very quickly :)
Old 07-28-2013, 01:49 AM

Hello People, I have an Mbox (3rd gen) and all of a sudden it has been unresponsive, all of the LED lights on the unit flash in sequence and then stop for a few seconds on the power led and the left channel signal led. Please help me out here!! I have uninstalled the mbox drivers and reinstalled, restarted. done everything!