Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 12:41 PM

Default PC for TDM 24 MIX

Hi, I´m trying to buy a 24 mix system.
Is P IV dual core compatible with this system?
What would you recommend for this?

Thanks!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 06:07 AM

Default Re: PC for TDM 24 MIX

Be sure to look at the Compatibility page (link and location below). The system was dropped from active support some time ago, and the company does not test new machinery against it.

You might find useful info on the pinned Nikki-K link near the top of this forum about 'Best Systems and Components for Win HD/TDM' :
http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...1134836#989884

If no-one replies with a specific 'yes', then you may be better off with a used system that fits the compatibility specs, or at least the simplest new machine that comes close. The older systems were, as I remember, pickier about computer setup and components than the new ones, and particular attention to a known-to-work video card may be helpful.

Steve

This link:
http://archive.digidesign.com/compato/xp/mix61/
should get you to the right page. I got there by this navigation:

Starting at the SUPPORT link on top of this page:

SUPPORT/SupportArchives/Compatibility Archive

Scroll down left column to find:
Pro Tools|24 MIX -Pro Tools 6.4.1 for Windows XP
Old 03-31-2007, 09:54 PM

I just built up a Mix+ with an Intel D845EBG2. It's P4 478 socket motherboard with 6 PCI slots (most boards come with only 5), a 2.8ghz P4 cpu, 1 gig of ram and it supports DDR which is a Digi requirment for this 845 chipset based MB. So far it seems rock solid, but I have not hit it really hard as of yet, just some light mixing of 16-20 tracks. I'm waiting on a ATTO SCSI64 adapter and a Kingston DATASilo w/4-18gig 10K drives I bought from Ebay to arrive which will be next week. I don't feel that this system will give me any trouble though. I think you will like the Mix+ if you meet Digi's compatability requirements.
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6
Old 04-14-2007, 03:06 AM

wow 6 PCI slot would mean no expansion chassis for a long time! Does anybody know which is the maximum processor power a MIX24 system can work?? Pentium 4 or even better as XEON or similar?? I'm a mac user which is thinking to switch back to PC in order to keep my MIX+++ gear!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:46 PM

I think the fastest processor for the particular motherboard I listed (533 fsb) is 3.06 GHz. Since these proceesors are no longer manufactured I bought mine at Star Micro-Intel Pentium 4 Socket-478 Processors . The 2.8 was like $80, but the 3.06 is $205, not $125 worth of difference in performance in my opinion, but it might get a few more instances of RTAS plugz. These processors are "Working Pulls", used of course, but tested and you can get a longer warranty for more money (90 days is standard). I have bought 3 CPUs from them so far and not a lemon in the bunch. I got my CoolerMaster fan on Ebay for about $8 + S/H (I might have had to get another cooling fan mount for this cooler due to mounting differences, another $5 on Ebay) and it worked fine. Motherboard, proccesor, fan and 1 gig (2 sticks of 512) of Kingston DDR Value Ram set me back about $225 and is a great combo for Mix systems. Hpoe this helps.

PS: I know the last post is about 5 months old, but I don't get around here as much as I would like and I figure this info will be useful for somebody at some point.
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6