How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2001, 01:59 AM

Default Q for Digi Tech Support / Adat Bridge

Hi Digi

I use an external Clock source (Nanosync) for my whole set-up. I will now add an Adat Bridge 24 bits, and want to know if I have to feed it with 256 Digi Superclock or normal WC. I'm confused as you have a WC output and 1 slave in and out connectors; which could mean that tou have to feed it with "normal WC"; or does it transform Superclock to WC thru its WC output ?

BTW, is it possible with an Y cable to have one cable going to an Adat Bridge (first 8 channels only) and the other to an 888. If yes how do I have to set it up in the pop-up menu ?

I hope I'm clear enough, but I'm not really sure...

TIA
JHC
Old 03-02-2001, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Q for Digi Tech Support / Adat Bridge

up
Old 03-03-2001, 12:35 AM

Yes, they sell a "Y" cable to double up on the channels (many interfaces)- use the A channel of the ADAT24 & 888. Can't do all 16 & 888 though.
Use the slave input, take an output off the USD (you do have the USD locked to W/C or superclock?)to the ADAT 24.
Old 05-23-2001, 06:19 PM

Default Post deleted by Digidesign

Old 05-23-2001, 07:20 PM

The ADAT Bridge and 888/24 units "recognize" the presence of a compently superclock signal at the clock inputs. They units then convert automatically to "slave" mode, as will is displayed on the ADAT Bridge and 888 front panels. The Nanosyncs must, of course, be set-up so that the appropriate clock outputs are configured to superclock. You do not need to set the pop-up sync menus for the ADAT Bridge or 888 as other than "internal", as the interfaces default to "slave" clock mode when the superclock signal is presented to the clock input connector. Do not choose optical or digital sync in the pop-up if you wish to use nanosyncs as the master (super)clock.

The superclock cable should be short, as superclock is apparently more sensitive to deradation over longer cable runs than is wordclock. 3 feet is tolerable, evidently.

The RME converters should be set to external clock, and this signal would be generated by the Nanosyncs "1x" outputs.

A man who goes by Evandaum posts in the DUC buy and sell forum special Y-cables for the Digi interfaces. I use his 6 foot Y-cable to connect my (solitary) ADAT Bridge to the Farm card. It's neat and nice.

Best wishes,

John Caldwell