Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2002, 09:36 PM

Default Reverb : Brittney any good ideas?

Hi All,
I am mixing a dance track with a Brittney type feel and need to find a good reverb and other plugs and settings to help get that overall sound, any ideas on achieving this type of thing as I have usually been doing the rock thing.

I realize its alot of factors, just some general help appreciated.
Any suggestions welcome,
Rose
Old 04-19-2002, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Reverb : Brittney any good ideas?

Sorry can't help...Anyone entering my studio with a "Brittney type feel" will systematically end up tied up in the closet (with a gag on the mouth). Last time I checked, the closet was filled with two "Brittney type feel" female singers, three "Ricky Martins type feel" male singers and one "Mariah Carrey type feel" composer (no gag needed for him), all quietly sitting, all tied up... I think I'll have to find more room in a near future...
Anyway, good luck ;-)
Old 04-19-2002, 02:29 AM

Use short 'verbs (under 1 sec); some are just ambience.

Compress the He** out the vocal until it has no dynamics at all - what you think I'm kidding? I'm not. Also draw in automation to raise the level of syllables that don't hit the compressor very hard.

Emphasize 600hz and rolloff most everything below 200hz; add a peak around 3k. Try it, you'll be surprised how close it can get.

Tune the vocal (of course) and the 16 background vocal tracks. Put a slow chorus on them. Double or triple track the lead vox and bring it in behind the main track. Tune them, also.

This post is really only PARTLY tongue-in-cheek.

I don't really know if it's 600hz or 800hz...but it is a LOT peaky in the mids.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 04-19-2002, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr T:
Sorry can't help...Anyone entering my studio with a "Brittney type feel" will systematically end up tied up in the closet (with a gag on the mouth). Last time I checked, the closet was filled with two "Brittney type feel" female singers, three "Ricky Martins type feel" male singers and one "Mariah Carrey type feel" composer (no gag needed for him), all quietly sitting, all tied up... I think I'll have to find more room in a near future...
Anyway, good luck ;-)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Mr. T... Can I ship some people to your place for storage??? I seem to be running out of room around here as well.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2002, 08:57 AM

Wait a minute! I love watching Brittney...with the sound turned down of course. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2002, 09:01 AM

I´m lucky...

I got lots of space in my cellar and in the attic.
And with the gags even my neighbours can´t complain.
I also have a Jim Steinman like composer here in my wardrobe. Anyone wanna have him? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Markus
Old 04-19-2002, 11:34 AM

www.cheiron.se

Was the studio where Spears gotton most of her stuff produced. I said was cos the studio doesn't exist any longer but they still have their webpage. Look at the equipment list.........

-Robert