Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2013, 03:57 PM

Default Am I Missing Something?

Had absolutely no issues upgrading both computers to 10.3.6 and 11.0.0. (Did clean uninstall of 10.3.5 as recommended.)

Everything worked as it should in both versions, once I got my preferences squared away.

Like many of you, I'm waiting on 3rd party AAX64 plugins. I believe MH is shipping on Monday, and hopefully McDSP and Waves will not be far behind. I plan to upgrade to NI Komplete 9 Ultimate soon, though I'm not sure if those apps are AAX64 yet.

But one thing that has me confused: In 11 I don't have any instruments at all, not even the Avid/Digi ones I always had and used a lot, like Mini Grand.

Do these exist in AAX64?

Thanks,

Gary
Finale 26.3.1
Old 06-22-2013, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Am I Missing Something?

There is a separate installer for those. Did you install that as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtomassetti View Post

But one thing that has me confused: In 11 I don't have any instruments at all, not even the Avid/Digi ones I always had and used a lot, like Mini Grand.

Do these exist in AAX64?

Thanks,

Gary
Hey Gary

Those AIR instruments are a separate installer at circa 2.3 GB and should be in your Avid account. We had PT11HD downloads and the AIR Instrument installer and they are 5-6 VI's like boom structure etc and works great

Best Regards
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-22-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hey Gary

Those AIR instruments are a separate installer at circa 2.3 GB and should be in your Avid account. We had PT11HD downloads and the AIR Instrument installer and they are 5-6 VI's like boom structure etc and works great

Best Regards
Chris
I have those two downloaded but they won't install. The Audio plug-ins won't install either. Anyone else having problems with those installers?
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:12 PM

Is that the AIR Creative Collection? I had downloaded the Avid Virtual Instruments installer (which I already had in my downloads folder).

For some reason I didn't think I had licenses for the Creative Collection, because I don't ever recall downloading it.

I just now tried to DL it and lo and behold, the Download Manager kept giving me an error message. Now I'm DLing it just through Firefox. I'll see how that goes.

Stay tuned…
Finale 26.3.1
Old 06-22-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park Seward View Post
I have those two downloaded but they won't install. The Audio plug-ins won't install either. Anyone else having problems with those installers?
Hi

Doesn't any of the 3 installers work on your system?

We have macs here and they worked like a charm. What does the file names say exactly?
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-22-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Is that the AIR Creative Collection? I had downloaded the Avid Virtual Instruments installer (which I already had in my downloads folder).

For some reason I didn't think I had licenses for the Creative Collection, because I don't ever recall downloading it.

I just now tried to DL it and lo and behold, the Download Manager kept giving me an error message. Now I'm DLing it just through Firefox. I'll see how that goes.

Stay tuned…
Yep. The Avid Virtual Instrument installer is for PT10 and the AIR instruments for PT 11. You need both if you are going to use 10 and 11.

Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-22-2013, 04:53 PM

Bingo!

Not only did that give me the instruments, but now I have the AIR plugins I didn't have before, so now the demo session loads correctly in its entirety!

I did install the Avid Plugins 11.0.0 update, and it seems that I don't have licenses for a few of those, but those are not a big deal.

Thanks, Chris!
Finale 26.3.1
Old 06-22-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Bingo!

Not only did that give me the instruments, but now I have the AIR plugins I didn't have before, so now the demo session loads correctly in its entirety!

I did install the Avid Plugins 11.0.0 update, and it seems that I don't have licenses for a few of those, but those are not a big deal.

Thanks, Chris!
You are very welcome

I am very happy you found the right installer and that everything is working for you now so hopefully this iLok issue will soon be over for everybody here

Best Wishes
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-22-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
You are very welcome

I am very happy you found the right installer and that everything is working for you now so hopefully this iLok issue will soon be over for everybody here

Best Wishes
Chris
As I've posted on other iLok threads, I haven't downloaded the new ILM. When I moved from PT10 to PT10 HDN in April, the 10/11 assets were deposited in my iLok account, and I synced my iLok right then. Since all the assets are there, and still show correctly in my account, I figured that I didn't need to install ILM. Everything works like it's supposed to.

At some point I'm sure I'll have to install it, but hopefully not for a while.

So I'm definitely one of the lucky ones there, and like you, I hope that PACE gets their act together soon so all the people dealing with this nonsense can get back to work!
Finale 26.3.1