How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2011, 06:42 PM

Default Updateing to PT 9.0.3 What do I Need To Do

hey ppl

i upgraded my system from a P4 3gig CPU to a intel i7 2600k 16 gig Ram 64 bit system, how can i put this ... it's BANGING !

Atm i got Pro Tools 9 installed , what's the procedure to install the latest updates ? Do i have to uninstall 9.0 then load 9.0.2 > 9.0.3 or can i just simply load 9.0.2 without uninstalling 9.0 ?

Lastely how do i get my bombfactory plugins back ? i got em with my 003 rack factory, please tell me i don't have to buy them
Old 08-08-2011, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Updateing to PT 9.0.3 What do I Need To Do

The first thing to do before updating to 9.0.3(or anything else for that matter) is to back it up FIRST!!! Acronis True Image is maybe the best $40 you will ever spend(for Windows users anyway). Grab any cheap USB2 drive and dedicate it to nothing but backup images(I have a 2TB drive that holds images for all 6 of my computers, and several for my PT machine, done at several stages). Then, download and extract the updater and run it. It will tell you if you need to do anything else, like uninstall the old version, or disconnect the hardware(speaking of which, you might as well make sure you have the latest driver for your interface too)

BTW, the reason I specifically suggest a USB drive for backups is two-fold. 1-Acronis can sometimes report drives in the incorrect order, but always shows a USB drive as a USB drive(so you don't get confused and clone drives in the wrong direction...yes, I did that), and 2-since most of us don't use USB drives for sessions(Windows 7 users excepted) that makes it easier to know which drive is for backups(or just label the case if you have several of the same thing)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-09-2011, 01:12 AM

You must have 9.0 installed in order to install the upgrades.......You can install 9.0.3 directly afterwards without 9.0.2!

Healing the world through music.................

Sony Vaio Laptop|2 Core P8700 2.53 Ghz 8 Gb Ram|Win8 x64
PT 9.0.6|Cubase 7|Samplitude Pro X|Reason 5|Spectrasonics|Komplete
RME BabyFace|AxiomPro49|Akai LPD8
Old 08-09-2011, 07:41 PM

sweet as currently i have it installed on my 2nd partition of on that first physical hardrive (C: Windows only. D: Pro Tools, other media programs)

Is this a good way to have Pro Tools set on your system , my friend told me this way because i might get interupt errors if i have PT & Windows running on the 1 physical hardrive. And i try do this with plugins (load on the 2nd partiton) they somtimes work or don't, so i uninstall and reinstall on C drive and everything works again normally.

Is this why my bombfactory pluggins are missing ? cause i loaded PT on 2nd Partition, or do i have to purchase them again ? I got the crossgrade version update from 8 > 9. My friend told me to set my system up this way but he uses Abelton.

Look foward to your reply