Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 04-10-2013, 04:20 PM

Default Can we get some PT 11 tee shirts and desktops?

Sorry for the slightly silly question, but I got a nice Pro Tools 9 tee shirt at an event in New York some years ago, and at the same time I found some attractive Pro Tools 9 desktop wallpapers that I still use. They now seem pretty out of date.

Are you planning to update your swag for Pro Tools 11?
Old 04-10-2013, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Can we get some PT 11 tee shirts and desktops?

I also use a PT 9 wallpaper on all my desktops. Boy, it got old years ago.
Please give us some fancy new stuff to make us feel at home on our machines, Avid.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 04-11-2013, 04:49 AM

You know what PT11 accessory would be number 1 on my list ...

the option to buy a printed set of manuals ...

I still refer back to my PT8 reference guide from time to time. Got a PT7 one as well. Yes I can read the PDF, but I prefer reading from a printed page ... guess it's my age.

I was always happy to pay the £30 for a printed reference manual. More recently, it became a trip down to Staples, but that was becoming very expensive. Thankfully prices at university (I'm a mature student) are much cheaper, but it's still a tidy sum and not as cool as a proper soft back book.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
You know what PT11 accessory would be number 1 on my list ...

the option to buy a printed set of manuals ...

I still refer back to my PT8 reference guide from time to time. Got a PT7 one as well. Yes I can read the PDF, but I prefer reading from a printed page ... guess it's my age.

I was always happy to pay the £30 for a printed reference manual. More recently, it became a trip down to Staples, but that was becoming very expensive. Thankfully prices at university (I'm a mature student) are much cheaper, but it's still a tidy sum and not as cool as a proper soft back book.
You and me both. I used the onscreen PDF reader and a iPad and iPhone. My PT 8.0 manual still gets used quite a bit. I've been known to sleep with the Eleven Rack guide.

I suspect that the printed manuals were money losing proposition for AVID. I'd really prefer to see them work with a publisher and get them out faster. Sign an agreement with SAMs or Thomson that they can have the printing rights as long as they produce the reference and plugin guides with a reasonable time frame of the launch. Maybe ask for a small royalty or 30 day exclusive in the Avid Store.

I see this as a area theres a lot of overhead and probably a very small return on investment. Just outsource it. And make every piece of existing litature available in the iBook store. Or better yet something like amazon. Buy your soft bound manual, get free shipping and free downloadable versions for your devices.

All they need to do here is partner with a printer and to open some find of storefront.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 04-11-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
..........I've been known to sleep with the Eleven Rack guide...
Does that make the PT Guide jealous?

I've been known to take the ER guide AND certain printed sections of the PT guide to the outhouse with me....but Momma puts her foot down on sharing her bed with em

"If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, well, it is likely due to the amount of manure being spread on that side of the fence." Cowboy Bob

Squaw Creek Road Studio

Bob
Pro Tools Ultimate (2024.3.1)| Pro Tools Carbon | Sibelius Ultimate (2024.3.1)
|
M2 Max Mac Studio w/64GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Mac OS 14.4.1| (Main Rig) |
3.6GHz 8-core 9th-generation Intel Core i9 processor iMac w/40GB RAM | 1TB SSD | macOS Ventura 13.3.1 |

Avid Eleven Rack ERXP | Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X |