Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2017, 10:32 AM

Default Scarlett 2in1 solo studio and Protools First

Hi !

I bought a new scarlet solo studio second generation. This is my first ''home studio'' . I bought it for recording a guitar . So i have a few questions ...

when i am addin a plug in effect in protools there is no sound diffrence between normaln sound and sound with effect is there any option for that to hear a difrence?

second question : i have problem with a deadphones because i can hear only in left ear and the right one is brusing for no reason .... i mean headphones are working perfeclty when connected to mp3 or Iphone.

please be honest for neewbe!
Old 02-06-2017, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Scarlett 2in1 solo studio and Protools First

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateuszkluzik8741 View Post
when i am addin a plug in effect in protools there is no sound diffrence between normaln sound and sound with effect is there any option for that to hear a difrence?
It sounds like you are trying to use audiosuite plugins rather than a plugin on an insert. The audiosuite plugins are for applying something permanently. An insert plugin is used in the mixer. There are a number of insert slots above the mixer faders that allow you to select and use plugins in real-time.

As for your headphones, make sure the adapter you are using is the proper adapter and also make sure you are routing your tracks to the stereo output bus.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 02-06-2017, 11:16 AM

thanks for answering!

so if i want to record a guitar i have to add a new track as Audio track and in stereo ?

i dont understand , how can i add som effect on my guitar in pro Tools then ?
Old 02-06-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateuszkluzik8741 View Post
so if i want to record a guitar i have to add a new track as Audio track and in stereo ?
No. A mono audio track, but make sure it is routed to the stereo output bus. Also check the I/O setup to be sure that the outputs in Pro Tools are properly routed to the hardware outs in the Scarlett Solo.

Quote:
i dont understand , how can i add som effect on my guitar in pro Tools then ?
Plugins go here:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pluginslot.jpg (24.6 KB, 0 views)

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control