Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 02-21-2013, 12:46 AM

Default Could not complete your request because Access violation occurred

Pro Tools 10 is not loading and it is consistently coming to a stop as it is loading the plugins. Specifically it comes to a halt when it is loading ezplayer.dpm everytime.

Now I have loaded PT10 with EZPlayer Pro just a few days ago and even used EZPlayer Pro and Superior Drummer 2 (both Toontrack software) within PT10 and everything worked fine. Today I purchased some Toontrack S2.0 Producer Presets and installed them. Then when I went to try them out in PT10 I got the following message:

Could not complete your request because Access violation occurred unable to read location: 0x00000000

Then the program would freeze and i had no way to close it or move forward. So I then had to use CTRL-ALT-Delete to open the Task manager and close PT10. When I did this the Task Manager gave me the following message:

The system cannot end this program because it is waiting for a response from you.
To return to Windows and check the status of the program, click cancel.
If you choose to end the program immediately, you will lose any unsaved data. To end the program now, click End Now.

Furthermore the window on PT10 had changed, now saying:

Access violation occurred, unable to read location: 0x0000003C

In any case, I clicked the "end now" button and PT10 closed. Itried this about 5 times, all with the exact same result.

I am able to use the EZPlayer Pro along with the Producer Presets and Superior Drummer just fine in Toontrack Solo, but for some reason PT10 is snagging up when trying to load the plugin EZPlayer.dpm (at least that is what appears to be happening).

I have checked these forums fairly well and was unable to find anything that addressed this specifically so I figured I'd start a thread to try and figure out how to fix the problem. I apologize if I missed this problem being addressed elsewhere.

Here is my Sandra Report:

SiSoftware Sandra

System
Host Name : TODDSR-PC
User : Todd Sr
Workgroup : WORKGROUP

Processor
Model : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz
Speed : 2.79GHz
Cores per Processor : 4 Unit(s)
Threads per Core : 2 Unit(s)
Type : Quad-Core
Internal Data Cache : 2x 32kB, Synchronous, Write-Thru, 8-way, 64 byte line size, 2 threads sharing
L2 On-board Cache : 2x 256kB, Synchronous, ATC, 8-way, 64 byte line size, 2 threads sharing
L3 On-board Cache : 8MB, Synchronous, ATC, 16-way, 64 byte line size, 16 threads sharing

System
System : Dell Inc. Studio XPS 8000
Mainboard : Dell Inc. 0X231R
Bus(es) : PCI PCIe USB FireWire/1394
Multi-Processor (MP) Support : 1 Processor(s)
Multi-Processor Advanced PIC (APIC) : No
System BIOS : Dell Inc. 8.15
Total Memory : 7.99GB

Chipset 1
Model : Dell ??? (D131)
Front Side Bus Speed : 1x 133MHz (133MHz)

Video System
Monitor/Panel : Dell E228WFP
Monitor/Panel : Generic PnP Monitor
Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240
Imaging Device : HP Deskjet F2400
Imaging Device : Logitech HD Webcam C310

Physical Storage Devices
WDC WD2002FAEX-007BA0 2000GB (SATA600, NCQ) : 1863.02GB (J:) (K:) (L:) (M:)
ST31000528AS 1000GB (SATA300, NCQ) : 931.51GB (C:)
Generic- SD/MMC (USB) : N/A (E:)
Generic- Compact Flash (USB) : N/A (F:)
Generic- SM/xD-Picture (USB) : N/A (G:)
Generic- MS/MS-Pro (USB) : N/A (H:)
Toshiba External USB HDD 320GB (USB) : 298.09GB (N:)
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH50N (SATA150, 48x CD-R, 48x CD-W, 6x DVD-R, 6x DVD-W, 2MB Cache) : N/A (D:)

Logical Storage Devices
Audio J (J:) : 488.28GB (488.18GB, 100% Free Space) (NTFS) @ WDC WD2002FAEX-007BA0 2000GB (SATA600, NCQ)
RECOVERY : 8.73GB (4.01GB, 46% Free Space) (NTFS)
Hard Disk (N:) : 298.09GB (169.96GB, 57% Free Space) (NTFS) @ Toshiba External USB HDD 320GB (USB)
Audio M (M:) : 397.68GB (397.58GB, 100% Free Space) (NTFS) @ WDC WD2002FAEX-007BA0 2000GB (SATA600, NCQ)
Audio K (K:) : 488.28GB (488.18GB, 100% Free Space) (NTFS) @ WDC WD2002FAEX-007BA0 2000GB (SATA600, NCQ)
Audio L (L:) : 488.77GB (488.73GB, 100% Free Space) (NTFS) @ WDC WD2002FAEX-007BA0 2000GB (SATA600, NCQ)
OS (C:) : 922.73GB (704.10GB, 76% Free Space) (NTFS) @ ST31000528AS 1000GB (SATA300, NCQ)
Removable Drive (E:) : N/A @ Generic- SD/MMC (USB)
Removable Drive (F:) : N/A @ Generic- Compact Flash (USB)
Removable Drive (G:) : N/A @ Generic- SM/xD-Picture (USB)
Removable Drive (H:) : N/A @ Generic- MS/MS-Pro (USB)
CD-ROM/DVD (D:) : N/A @ HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH50N (SATA150, 48x CD-R, 48x CD-W, 6x DVD-R, 6x DVD-W, 2MB Cache)

Peripherals
USB Controller/Hub : Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
USB Controller/Hub : Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
USB Controller/Hub : USB Root Hub
USB Controller/Hub : USB Root Hub
USB Controller/Hub : USB Composite Device
USB Controller/Hub : USB Printing Support
USB Controller/Hub : HP Deskjet F2400 series (DOT4USB)
USB Controller/Hub : Logitech USB Camera (HD Webcam C310)
USB Controller/Hub : USB Mass Storage Device
USB Controller/Hub : USB Mass Storage Device
USB Controller/Hub : Generic USB Hub
FireWire/1394 Controller/Hub : VIA 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller
Keyboard : HID Keyboard Device
Mouse : HID-compliant mouse
Human Interface : HID-compliant consumer control device
Human Interface : HID-compliant device
Human Interface : HID-compliant consumer control device
Human Interface : USB Input Device

Printers and Faxes
Model : UpgradePrinter
Model : Microsoft XPS Document Writer
Model : Fax

Power Management
Mains (AC) Line Status : On-Line

Operating System(s)
Windows System : Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1)
Platform Compliance : Win64 x64

Windows Experience Index
Current System : 5.9

Network Services
Adapter : Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet

If I you need more info please let me know what you need. Thank you very much in advance for all your help.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Could not complete your request because Access violation occurred

Looks like it gave incomplete nfo on my OS so I went to the OS tab on the Sandra Report software and the OS is:

Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601 : Service Pack 1

One thing odd is that sometimes Sandra sees my OS as:

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Media Center 6.01.7601 (Service Pack 1)

However, this has been addressed in an earlier thread and I do indeed actually have the Win & Home Premium Edition. For the past 2 years I have used PT10 constantly without incident.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:07 AM

Is EZ Player fully up to date? What version of Pro Tools 10? You shoudl be on 10.3.3.

What happens if you do the standard troubleshooting steps of deleting databases and prefs?

What happens if you uninstall that Producer Presets? What happens if you remove EZPlayer.dpm from the plugin folder (just move it anywhere else temporarily for a test)? Does Pro Tools then start up all the way?

If nothing else obvious fixes this, can you roll back to the backup you made before installing the Toontracks producer presets. You did make a backup right?

You might get quicker help by posting on the Toontrack's forums.

Darryl
Old 02-21-2013, 02:05 AM

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

EZPlayer is fully up to date but Pro Tools 10 is not. I'll have to try each of your suggestions in turn and see if that helps. I'll reply with the results as soon I've been able to get all of that completed.

Thanks again!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:46 AM

A real quick update: I uninstalled several of the Toontrack programs (EZDrummer, EZPlayer Pro, Superior Drummer, Toontrack Solo, and EZX Cocktail) because they were beginning to have problems running even in the standalone software. After I uninstaled these Pro Tools 10 started up fine. I am going to get in touch with support from Toontrack and find out what the issue is from them and get this programs reinstalled. I'll come back and let you know if that helped with the issues in Pro Tools 10.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddnTodd View Post
A real quick update: I uninstalled several of the Toontrack programs (EZDrummer, EZPlayer Pro, Superior Drummer, Toontrack Solo, and EZX Cocktail) because they were beginning to have problems running even in the standalone software. After I uninstaled these Pro Tools 10 started up fine. I am going to get in touch with support from Toontrack and find out what the issue is from them and get this programs reinstalled. I'll come back and let you know if that helped with the issues in Pro Tools 10.
It sounds like maybe they need an update from Toontrack. I can tell you that there hasn't been a recent trend of errors with Toontrack products I'm aware of.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 PM

Thanks, I think I got it worked out. It appears that I was tryingto tell Pro Tools 10 to run the 64 bit version of EZPlayer Pro, which obviously freaked it out. Once I got the 32 bit version installed the problem resolved. Thank you very much for the help!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddnTodd View Post
Thanks, I think I got it worked out. It appears that I was tryingto tell Pro Tools 10 to run the 64 bit version of EZPlayer Pro, which obviously freaked it out. Once I got the 32 bit version installed the problem resolved. Thank you very much for the help!
Yep, that won't work. I think you are the second person to do that recently here.