Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2017, 03:26 PM
IK Multimedia

Default Re: MODO: Get ready for a new level of realism [UPDATE: MODO BASS announced]

Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3 View Post
Great reply. Short and to the point and pointed out the customer support dedication of the brand. Quite different than the cheeky replies to criticism earlier in this thread. I am buying your stuff again.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Thanks, though I may not totally agree on the short part, sadly. I was afraid it might be a bit long-winded after I re-read it :)
Old 01-03-2017, 04:52 PM

Default Re: MODO: Get ready for a new level of realism [UPDATE: MODO BASS announced]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK Multimedia View Post
We have a great tech support team that handles issues promptly every day. Anybody with a technical issue gets prompt support from IK at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

It is much more efficient for both the end user and IK (to have an internal knowledgebase to help all users, to get bugs verified to send to developers with system details and such, etc) to use that system to get issues resolved than via PM or threads on third-party forums.

If anybody has any questions about MODO BASS, please let me know, as the previously-posted update should take care of multiple issues (and quickly, thanks to an efficient system and skilled support personnel) that the support team fielded via the support system mentioned above.
IK sure must have changed it's act then as it's been my sad experience that support is slow and not all that knowledgeable with the way things should work and the way real people use the product.

There's nothing wrong with trying to get help through a forum such as this because often there's someone out there who can solve the problem a lot quicker and with better results. Yes there are people out there who know the product probably as good as or better than IK people.

QAPLA!
Old 01-04-2017, 03:34 PM
IK Multimedia

Sorry to hear that you have had an experience that is not satisfactory nor up to the normal quality that IK Support strives for. The offer to provide specific ticket numbers to address is still and as always open. I'd be happy to have someone take a look at your experience. Thank you.

Yes, there are some very knowledgeable users. I never said otherwise. However, those users are not directly in contact with developers or entering bugs into the internal tracking system, which was my main point. For verification and escalation where necessary directly to the IK developers who fix issues (instead of multiple layers of middle men like a game of "telephone" and information scattered), that is most certainly the most efficient and effective way to go which is all I was stating.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
The offer to provide specific ticket numbers to address is still and as always open. I'd be happy to have someone take a look at your experience. Thank you.

Hi Peter,

I am posting this here to hopefully catch your attention and pass my comments to IKM support.

ie; ...., because I opened a support ticked with IKM sixteen days ago and I have still not had a reply

ie; Problem with Modo Bass :

I am having Problems with your IKM Modo Bass (v1.0.2)

...,when hosted in Fishman TRIPLEPLAY (version 1.4.50)

The Modo Bass problems appear in Tripleplay Standalone
- and also in the Tripleplay .aax plugin version when ran inside of Pro Tools (v12.7 native)

The Problems experienced with Modo Bass are ;

If I have IK Multimedia's MODO BASS loaded in tripleplay standalone? , or tripleplay aax ...,

- the sounds from Modo Bass are a distorted indistinguishable mess when the modo bass GUI is showing , but if I remove / hide the modo bass GUI from my screen , then the sounds coming from modo bass instantly become normal as expected .

If I show the modo Bass GUI again, for example - change a modobass parameter etc (or without adjusting anything) ..., then the audio from Modo Bass goes nuts again until I remover/ hide modo Basses GUI from the screen .

Note , this exact?problem with Modo Bass also presents itself in the .aax version of fishman tripleplay

This Modo Bass error ..., happens when Fishman Triple Play 1.4 (when hosting Modo Bass) is both inserted on an AUX track in Pro Tools 12.7? (in use with 6 midi tracks)?..., or - if FTP is inserted on a Pro Tools Instrument Track . It makes no difference , the same Modo Bass GUI / crazy noises problem is re created in all scenarios.

note ; All other instruments / V.I's are all working fine in TriplePlay within Pro Tools & T.P Standalone ...., , except for IKM MODO BASS ?
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Old 02-05-2017, 06:10 PM

Default Re: MODO: Get ready for a new level of realism (coming soon from IK)

Seafoam:
sent you a PM

QAPLA!
Old 02-06-2017, 09:40 AM
IK Multimedia

@seafoam_green I can relay your information if you please let me know your ticket number. Two weeks without a response is not the typical experience, they would normally reply within one business day. Thanks.

Edit - also having our Support Manager look based on the content of your post. Thanks for your patience.

Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia; 02-06-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
@seafoam_green I can relay your information if you please let me know your ticket number. Two weeks without a response is not the typical experience, they would normally reply within one business day. Thanks.

Edit - also having our Support Manager look based on the content of your post. Thanks for your patience.
Thx for that Peter, I now got a reply this morning, and have already sent off all requested screenshots etc .., so hopefully a fix can be found.

If your more a guitarist than a keyboardist .., Doing midi bass lines (using a regular guitar) is a great option compared to using a keyboard with Modo Bass, and when using Fishman triple play software as the host for Modo Bass ..., the FTP App allows other great vibrato , and string bending features and many more .., so It is important to me to see modo bass work correctly in FTP.

Note; My FTP midi pickup works as a midi controller with modo bass standalone just fine , but lacks all the other great midi and other controller features when modo bass is hosted inside of the FTP software App and .aax
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Old 02-07-2017, 11:43 AM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green View Post
Thx for that Peter, I now got a reply this morning, and have already sent off all requested screenshots etc .., so hopefully a fix can be found.

If your more a guitarist than a keyboardist .., Doing midi bass lines (using a regular guitar) is a great option compared to using a keyboard with Modo Bass, and when using Fishman triple play software as the host for Modo Bass ..., the FTP App allows other great vibrato , and string bending features and many more .., so It is important to me to see modo bass work correctly in FTP.

Note; My FTP midi pickup works as a midi controller with modo bass standalone just fine , but lacks all the other great midi and other controller features when modo bass is hosted inside of the FTP software App and .aax
Glad to hear your ticket got a proper response. I don't know what happened, but I did alert our Support Manager so he knew there was an issue with response time to this ticket. Now the challenge is getting this issue fixed for you.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:27 PM

Hey Peter I know this is about MODO bass, I have it and it works great, but I posted here about Miraslov Phil 2 doe snot work at all for me in PT 12.7. I get the dreaded -9073 error and then PT freezes. This is just with a file with just with a instrument track with Phil 2 on it. Have you guys had any complaints about the VI working in PT, thanks, Anthony
Old 02-10-2017, 06:11 PM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panacci View Post
Hey Peter I know this is about MODO bass, I have it and it works great, but I posted here about Miraslov Phil 2 doe snot work at all for me in PT 12.7. I get the dreaded -9073 error and then PT freezes. This is just with a file with just with a instrument track with Phil 2 on it. Have you guys had any complaints about the VI working in PT, thanks, Anthony
That doesn't ring a bell with me but the support guys will be able to cross-reference any reports they've received if you open a ticket at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/