Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2013, 02:28 PM

Default Replacement Disk for Pro Tools LE 8

I need to replace my damaged Pro Tools 8 le installation disk. The disk jacket it came in came apart at the edge where the disk goes and the little strip of double sided tape got on the disk and so it won't install on my new computer. The faulty design of the packaging that ruined the disk should be reason enough to get a replacement for free. I have never bought a disk that was ruined from the case it comes in. Does anyone know how I should go about acquiring a replacement disk or if I can download the installation? Thanks
Old 12-05-2013, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Replacement Disk for Pro Tools 8le

If you're a registered user, log in to your AVID account and download it. If you're not registered,do so, then log into your AVID account and download it!
Old 12-05-2013, 02:49 PM

All the installers are available here.

http://secure.digidesign.com/service...rticleId=43353
Old 12-05-2013, 06:09 PM

I have pro tools 8 m-powered, and also can't read my DVD - trying to install on my new laptop. I tried to register it on Avid so I can download it, but can only see how to register pro tools 11. Where do I go to register my pro tools 8? I'm a registered user. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:52 PM

I registered and logged in and went to download it. I typed in the authorization code that is on the package( it is the correct code) and it said invalid code. I also called the corporate office and got directed to voicemail and left a message describing the problem.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:54 PM

I tried that and a screen popped up that said downloading.... Then about 6 hours elapsed without anything actually being downloaded.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:00 PM

Isn't there an AVID support person that comes on the forum sometimes? Does anyone know how I could actually have a 2 way communication with a person who works for AVID who could help me resolve this? I can even ship the damaged cd back to them in exchange for a replacement. I paid 329$ for this and the packaging itself ruined the CD. If there is support tech who can help me here please respond.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:18 PM

Darryl's link is working for me, but it is slow
Did you try it or did you use your Avid accout on Avid.com? https://www.avid.com/US/Account/Orie...%2faccountinfo

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 12-10-2013, 02:03 PM

Yes Craig I tried both of those things I just explained in my last 2 posts. Neither worked, if you read what said I logged into at but it didn't accept my authorization code.
I tried the link and several hours elapsed and nothing even downloaded. I have the original disc right here and it had tape from the inside of the disc jacket where the edge popped open and got tape on the disc.
Do you know why there would be a problem with the authorization code on my disc? I could send it back for a replacement.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:20 PM

I registered an AVID account but I don't have my registration card anymore. I do have the authorization code and serial number so I need my registration numbers. Can anyone help with that?, I can give those numbers but the numbers on the registration card is what I need.