Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2011, 04:22 PM

Angry Simply want to rename a session in PT8?

I've looked everywhere...books, Internet, forums...I can't believe I'm the only one who simply wants to know how to rename a session in PT8! Anyone able to tell me how the frig to do this? I understand I can use "save as" but doesn't that create a new session but still keep the old one?
Old 12-16-2011, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Simply want to rename a session in PT8?

Why don't you just rename the folder in which the session resides and the xxx.ptf file containing the session? You don't need PT to do that, it can simply be done within your operating system.

Or try SAVE COPY IN and name it any way you want it...
Old 12-16-2011, 04:42 PM

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I don't understand. I'm using an iMac, and all my sessions are stored in a Glyph hard drive, which, when I open and try to resave or rename anything, doesn't even give that option when I right-click it...help? I tried "save as" and all that does is rename a new file but keeps it in the folder under the name in which I initially created the session...What I want to do is rename the initially created folder.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:51 PM

In Finder, open the folder with your file in it. Find the icon for your file. Click once on that icon then click and hold the mouse button down on the filename below it. After about a second of holding down the mouse button the text will become editable and you can type over the filename.

Or you can select [show info] for that file, and rename the file in the window that opens up next.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:10 PM

Thanks. I tried the first option but nothing happened when I held down the mouse, so I hit "return." That enabled me to rename the folder, and then I did the same thing with the .ptf file. Seems to work. Thank you. Bought this Mac when I got my ProTools and haven't quite figured out all the differences from a PC yet. Cheers...