Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2023, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Plugins compatible with Apple Silicon natively

Synthogy Ivory just updated.
Old 02-22-2023, 07:20 AM

Wouldn't it nice to hear anything from Izotope, GRM Tools, Audioease, Serrato (Pitch-N-Time), Plugin-Alliance.... those are still huge ones missing for me.
Old 02-22-2023, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNielsen View Post
Wouldn't it nice to hear anything from Izotope, GRM Tools, Audioease, Serrato (Pitch-N-Time), Plugin-Alliance.... those are still huge ones missing for me.
Plugialliance for me also - and Eventide, Arturia, Empircal Labs, Liquidsonics, Waves - but now that I have some of the most important ones for me, channelstrip/buscomp for SSL UC1, and some reverbs/delays, I'm starting to get there.

In fact, it's working so solidly on my new, bleeding edge M2/Ventura mac mini that I'm quite enjoying the reduced number of options. I've been thinking of slimming down the plugins folder for a long time.

Last edited by Ben Jenssen; 02-22-2023 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-22-2023, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
Plugialliance for me also - and Eventide, Arturia, Empircal Labs, Liquidsonics, Waves - but now that I have some of the most important ones for me, channelstrip/buscomp for SSL UC1, and some reverbs/delays, I'm starting to get there.
Eventide and Liquidsonics/Reverb Foundry are both fully Apple Silicon.
Old 02-22-2023, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Eventide and Liquidsonics/Reverb Foundry are both fully Apple Silicon.
Sure, I know. I don't know what I was thinking.
Old 02-22-2023, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post

In fact, it's working so solidly on my new, bleeding edge M2/Ventura mac mini that I'm quite enjoying the reduced number of options. I've been thinking of slimming down the plugins folder for a long time.
Feeling the pain. PT runs so fast native. BTW downloaded the waves update today and its running AAX native now. still useless to me though with so many others missing, but its checking off some of the list.
Old 02-22-2023, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundswan View Post
Feeling the pain. PT runs so fast native. BTW downloaded the waves update today and its running AAX native now. still useless to me though with so many others missing, but its checking off some of the list.
My Waves account page says I'm up to date, but no waves showing in PT. Have you tried Waves in PT native beta?

A little off-topic here:
I noticed some time ago that I had two waveshells in the plugins folder, 14.0 and 14.1, the 14.1 with earlier creation date(!). I've just left them there, and waves worked in PT rosetta, so I didn't bother.
Just now I tried one and the other, and it didn't make a difference on PT native, at least.

Skjermbilde 2023-02-22 kl. 19.57.17.png
Old 02-22-2023, 12:40 PM

Correct spelling would be WavesHell
Old 02-22-2023, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNielsen View Post
AudioEase are nice people, but they have been saying that they will be coming up with new "exciting news" for over a year. Oh well. I had trouble even getting their installers to work without this crazy workaround.
Hi Gregory,
From Them.. lol
I am sorry to hear that. Could you share the recent Altiverb 7 installer logs from:
/Users/Shared/Audio Ease/Logs
with me ?
These might help us solving the problem.

You can follow the steps from this video to install the Altiverb 7 plug-in manually:
https://www.audioease.com/TEMPORARY/...al-install.mp4
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 02-22-2023, 06:54 PM

Audioease is great, I like them a lot. BUT I think they are just a pretty small company and probably just don't have the resources of some larger companies. But agree, they aren't the fastest to roll something out. But I've seen ZERO mention even from Plugin Alliance, which makes me nervous. Or GRM, they are also painful to get any information out of it seems.

And I fear Serrato have all but abandoned Pitch-N-Time Pro at this point.