Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2008, 10:52 AM

Default Reel Tape Saturation vs. Massey Tape Head?

Slim Shady...are you out there? Or anyone who maybe knows of these two or a different inexpensive plugin like the two I have listed I would be curious to know what you all think.

Basically I am want to mix my project and make it sound better than it does. (Don't we all)

Thanks,

Caleb
Old 10-14-2008, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Reel Tape Saturation vs. Massey Tape Head?

You should start by making your mix better without the use of a tape simulator plug-in. Check out Mix it Like a Record by Charles Dye.

Those two plugs sound different. I own Tape Head and I love it. It's simple, easy to use, sounds great, and it's super cheap! It's great for warming up the mix or individual instruments and voices. Rolls off some high end, bumps up the low mids to lows and adds in some saturation if you want it to.

I would say get the demo for all of them: DUY Tape, McDSP Analog Channel, Massey tapehead, and Reel Tape . . . try them all out and see which one you like the best and is within your budget. They're all really great.