Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2008, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Muting channel and the SENDS...

Or, could it be that you have sends F-J visible instead of A-E?

Old 05-21-2008, 11:41 AM

OK I checked both of those..
I have it on A-E and.. Ihave unclicked the Follow Global.

If you check the Send Mutes all that does it allow you to mute all Send "A"s in the group. THis can be fixed for either Global groups or for Individual groups..

It would seem to me that there should be a tracks set up.. or something like that..

Jeff
Old 05-21-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Right now I have it down to 2 clicks.. Mute channel and mute send.. but one would be great..
I am confused on where this thread is going. In my experience this has nothing to do with Groups or group settings. Just make the Sends Post Fade (Pre button should not be white, and this is the normal default) and sends from that channel will have no signal when you mute the Channel. Hopefully this helps.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:16 PM

Howard,
THanks for the input..
I can do that but it does not allow me to have total control over the sends for a head phone mix - One movement adjusts everything in everyones head phones especially if I have multiple set ups. If I want to ride the fader while tracking a vocalist... it effects their head phones as well. hmmm, actually I can have each set of sends Pre or Post.. so that would take care of that..

For some reason I just thought I was able to do this back a few revisions ago..

Jeff
Old 05-21-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Yeah I am watching the meter.. and hear it in the phones.. I am trying to get this figured out before the session start...

Thanks..

Right now I have it down to 2 clicks.. Mute channel and mute send.. but one would be great..

I know if the send is in post fader its fine but then I lose the ability to create a head phone mix...

Jeff
Another way to make it "one click", I think. Once again I am away from the rig. bus your backgrnd track cue send to an aux (call it "mute aux", whatever), then, through your audio output selector, route that to your original cue/aux. create a group with your Backgrnds and the "mute aux".. now it is a one click operation. I hope.. SB
Old 05-21-2008, 02:32 PM

Good idea.. Ill give it a try.

I was talking with someone and I guess that there used to be something called "send follows Mute" or something like that..

J